aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I don't think Arsenal have lost their top club status just yet. They're still in the champions league for goodness sake. Unlike two of the other English top teams. They're the only one meeting financial fair play at the moment and they have the best (most modern well equipped/youth facilities) stadium.

Is there a list of teams who are meeting the FFPR and the ones who aren't? Chelsea and City are obviously bankrolled by rich nutcases, but United earn more than they spend, even with the debt repayments. I can't see how they would be outside of the FFPR.

hahaha insider knowledge!!

I take it you'll be watching the game tonight?

Is the rivalry between the barca and real fans as bad as it seems in the classico games, or is it more confined on the pitch?

Despite kicking off at 10pm work means I'll only get to see the second half. The rivalry is huge and it means a lot to people here. It is about more than just football to them and many people who hardly watch any football will be watching this game. Every bar will be completely packed. I still find it quite good natured though. Any Madrid fans here and very much in the minority and verce versa with Barca fans in Madrid so you don't really get trouble between the two sets of fans. By all reports during the build up to last years copa final in Valencia both sets of fans mixed and got on very well. What's been happening on the pitch I think is more of a consequence of Jose developing the us vs them attitude he always does.

That doesn't sound like the saintly Real Madrid I know. Are you sure you're not making it up?

Pepe got the ball. Pepe always gets the ball.

Neither team were saints in that first leg, awful game of football.

Yeah, I can't stand Harry or Levy. I like a good proportion of their players though. King, Dawson, Parker, Modric, Hundredstone, Super Pav, Walker, Bale. Good guys.

I used to like Aaron Lennon, but then I heard him talk. Felt like I was watching Channel U, or whatever that weird grime music channel is now called. "Ya gotz ta put da ball in da net n ting"

Is there a list of teams who are meeting the FFPR and the ones who aren't? Chelsea and City are obviously bankrolled by rich nutcases, but United earn more than they spend, even with the debt repayments. I can't see how they would be outside of the FFPR.

I thought they might still be outside it after the debt and the spent a fair bit recently. I dont know too much about the ins and outs of their finaces though. Also the floated some stake as well didn't they so that probably helped them.

Man city do seem screwed by it but they'll probably just sponser themselves for another 400million or something equally broken.

Sorry Phil,i just hate the way they go about things, dont play Dos Santos for three years, but demand a shit load to sell him, same with Pav, never gets a game, wants to leave for first team football and spurs put this crazy price tag on him no one will ever pay, all the time they are offering peanuts for players and harry does nothing but speak about other teams players in the news all the time, oh and Levy is a cunt. Oh and the way they went about the olympic stadium thing leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. Saying that they have some wonderful players, at any other club they would prob be my second club down south..

I thought they might still be outside it after the debt and the spent a fair bit recently. I dont know too much about the ins and outs of their finaces though. Also the floated some stake as well didn't they so that probably helped them.

Man city do seem screwed by it but they'll probably just sponser themselves for another 400million or something equally broken.

I don't really know much about the floatation on the stock market. I don't that actually happened yet. It just seems to be talked about alot, though to be completly honest, I don't really know what it would mean if it did happen.

They spent £55million in the summer, though they recorded profits of around £60million last financial year, and had a figure in the bank which has been withstanding since Ronaldo was sold, according to David Gill. I believe that is just about at zero now.

I don't think debt plays a major factor in the FFPR as long as teams are spending in accordance to what they bring in as a business, and United generate astronomical figures, though fair chunks of that pays off the debt and interest.

I can't see how City will get around it other than sponsoring themselves. That is a pretty obvious loohole though, so surely FIFA must have that base covered.

I'm very interested in how this FFPR thing pans out because I agree that the owners can just pour money into the club in a variety of ways (gameday match ball sponsor for £1bn) and legitimise it. It'd take a team of forensic accountants to sift through the paperwork of every major club in Europe and track the comings and goings of the kind of money these teams shift. Are FIFA gonna pay for that?

I'm very interested in how this FFPR thing pans out because I agree that the owners can just pour money into the club in a variety of ways (gameday match ball sponsor for £1bn) and legitimise it. It'd take a team of forensic accountants to sift through the paperwork of every major club in Europe and track the comings and goings of the kind of money these teams shift. Are FIFA gonna pay for that?

There are lots of rules in place to prevent owners from pumping in money that way. FIFA won't be paying for it because it's a UEFA deal. UEFA aren't short of cash to pay for that.

Sorry Phil,i just hate the way they go about things, dont play Dos Santos for three years, but demand a shit load to sell him, same with Pav, never gets a game, wants to leave for first team football and spurs put this crazy price tag on him no one will ever pay, all the time they are offering peanuts for players and harry does nothing but speak about other teams players in the news all the time, oh and Levy is a cunt. Oh and the way they went about the olympic stadium thing leaves a very sour taste in the mouth. Saying that they have some wonderful players, at any other club they would prob be my second club down south..

I also love how Redknapp tries to be a good guy when moaning. The amount of time he says 'I'm not one to criticise referees but he had an awful game today' or words to that effect is ridiculous. He did that recently and amusingly the BBC had another 3 quotes where he had done exactly the same thing despite him being adamant "I never complain about referees' decisions - I have not done it in 30 years of management, never. But today, I'm afraid, he got some badly wrong."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16133317.stm

Everyone is robbed by bad decisions at some stage, he needs to learn from Mick McCarthy. There's a manager on the end of poor refereeing quite a bit and usually handles it gracefully and with a touch of humour.

He just likes to blame other people. I remember him blaming Modric for the start to the season ('wantaway players') but don't think he can fault him now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14856010.stm

Fair enough if he thinks he can get more money elsewhere, can't see much reason for him to particularly love Aberdeen more than any other club he's played for (yes yes he was born in Gothenburg, get the fuck over it Red Alert) so if he wants to leave I guess it's up to him. Mega shame though, great player and will be a big loss for us.

well at last some transfer activity down in the swampland of the blue square toilet premier league, still in shock that Cambridge have actually paid hard cash for a player, all of 15k, a much needed striker from that football giant Welling United!