aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

If Arnason left for any other Scottish club I would be totally gutted. But Rangers have got no cash and Ligue 1/Championship teams would be competitive with them for wages, plus he wants to play in England I think.

Celtic can fuck off. All they do is buy a hunner players and two or three turn out to be alright and Lennon is hailed as a wizard in the transfer market. Bad footballing day today.

It's undeniable that every team in the world has a collection of scumbags among their supporters, but they still deserve chastisement for bone-headed shit like this.

It's a moot point. You'd be an idiot to think he wasn't going to get that sort of treatment. Players get booed all the time, fuck, Aberdeen's supporters spend a lot of their time booing their own players. It might be bone headed, and ignorant, but people going on and on about it isn't going to make it go away.

Suarez got what he deserved and that should be an end to it. Didn't see Evra crying like a baby about getting booed, he got on and did his job like he should be doing. Him not reacting is a strong example to lead by in my opinion.

I'm sure United fans would boo if the same thing happened, as would probably any team. I think it would be difficult for any team to come out of that sort of debacle with clean hands, because it's difficult for the club, and everyone involved within that club, to completely support their own player whilst at the same time, condemning his actions. I'm not really sure what Evra did to be booed though. He was called an N word, as admitted by Suarez himself. I don't know what Evra was meant to do to make that situation right. He had a stinker of a game, but fair play to him for not telling the boss to leave him out and let the situation cool off.

Then again, it sounded like Liverpool were also singing Munich songs in the first ten minutes, and, according to Twitter, they chanted "We're not racist. We don't hate the blacks". I don't even know what to make of that. They don't really help themselves.

Oh well. Who gives a fuck about the FA Cup anyway? 9 first team players injured, 9 of which started the 8-2 Arsenal game. That team were never going to get much out of the game. Welbeck up top on his own? Giggs and Park alternating in the hole? Jonny Evans on the pitch? United did well to boss possession with that team. Probably could have won if Lurpak wasn't in goal.

Valencia is the balls. What a specimen.

29lbrm1.jpg

Again, according to Twitter, this is footage of a Liverpool fan doing a monkey gesture as Evra took a throw in. They're not racist though, because they have signed an African player.

That guy should be identified and banned from games, as he probably will be. I'd be very surprised if there were no racist or Hillsborough related chants from certain elements of the Man Utd support though. Just so happens that Liverpool are in the spotlight just now.

I think all football clubs' fans get involved in abhorrent chants now and again. I've been to a few home games against Liverpool and never heard a Hillsborough chant. I don't even know if there ever is or was one. I did hear about a United fan buying a Liverpool shirt and getting #96 on the back and above it getting "Not Enough". That's pretty horrid. I believe the person shop printed in the sports shop lost their job too.

It's a moot point. You'd be an idiot to think he wasn't going to get that sort of treatment. Players get booed all the time, fuck, Aberdeen's supporters spend a lot of their time booing their own players. It might be bone headed, and ignorant, but people going on and on about it isn't going to make it go away.

Suarez got what he deserved and that should be an end to it. Didn't see Evra crying like a baby about getting booed, he got on and did his job like he should be doing. Him not reacting is a strong example to lead by in my opinion.

I accept booing as part of the game and would never, for example, chastise Aberdeen fans for jeering a team that's been largely poor and soul-destroying to watch over the years. I cannot, however, accept Liverpool fans jeering Evra as it blatantly wouldn't have happened without the whole Suarez/racism shebang. And of course he didn't complain about being booed: it's certainly not the first time it's happened to him.

I accept booing as part of the game and would never, for example, chastise Aberdeen fans for jeering a team that's been largely poor and soul-destroying to watch over the years. I cannot, however, accept Liverpool fans jeering Evra as it blatantly wouldn't have happened without the whole Suarez/racism shebang. And of course he didn't complain about being booed: it's certainly not the first time it's happened to him.

How would it "blatantly have never happened"? Can you categorically state that Evra would never have been booed by Liverpool fans if that incident hadn't happened. That's ludicrous.

How would it "blatantly have never happened"? Can you categorically state that Evra would never have been booed by Liverpool fans if that incident hadn't happened. That's ludicrous.

He definitely wouldn't have been booed at such a high volume every single time he touched the ball. Did you hear that happen to Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs today?

He definitely wouldn't have been booed at such a high volume every single time he touched the ball. Did you hear that happen to Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs today?

No, but it has happened in the past (certainly to Giggs- especially during the shagging his brother's missus nonsense).

I'm not condoning it by any means but people should have thicker skins and everything is such an emphatic over-reaction these days it actually takes the focus from the fact that racism is a much bigger problem than just some pig-ignorant football supporters.