aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Why did Wenger take The Ox off? Best player on the pitch for Arsenal. Brought on Arshavin, who is LOLbad. Djourou was also LOLbad. Ramsey could easily have been off, already on a yellow then flying into a header with the elbows out.

The last 10 minutes were gruesome viewing. United lost everything when Nani went off injured and Valencia had to move to right back. Valencia is the man. Not seen him score with his bonce before. Beating a natural centre back in the air too. Have that. Fuck off Arsenal.

I don't even know where to start with Howard Webb's performance today. Angry doesn't quite cover it.

I only saw the second half, but wasn't properly watching. What did he do? He seemed to have a pretty solid view of Mario's stamp on Parker. Properly horrible. He shouldn't have been on the pitch to win the penalty. Definite penalty though. Bale should have played that ball earlier to Defoe. Not sure why he insisted on taking the defender on right to the by line. That would probably have won it for them.

I only saw the second half, but wasn't properly watching. What did he do? He seemed to have a pretty solid view of Mario's stamp on Parker. Properly horrible. He shouldn't have been on the pitch to win the penalty. Definite penalty though. Bale should have played that ball earlier to Defoe. Not sure why he insisted on taking the defender on right to the by line. That would probably have won it for them.

There was a blatant elbow on Kaboul as well. Super Mario should've been off, i dunno if Webb missed the look on his face or the obviousness of the stamp but that sort of shit is unacceptable. Can't complain about the pen at all as Ledley should've known better than to go in on him like that, he probably wouldn't've scored if he'd just stood on his feet and followed him.

I'm not sure i blame Bale for that, probably Defoe for not reading the situation and reacting quick enough. Bit of a tarnish on what was actually a very enjoyable game.

As soon as Bale dragged it towards the byline, I had a feeling it was going to be pinged across goal with nobody prodding it in. Shame. Would have capped a good second half performance by Bale (no idea if he was good in the first). His goal was lovely.

If Webb didn't see the stamp, then surely he'll be getting a retrospective ban. That is no help to Spurs obviously, but an intentional stamp would surely get him quite a number of games in the stands. The first kick the the head of Parker was a little odd, but a little more explainable as he's tumbling backwards into him. The second one is just inexcusable, and not a natural reaction. He just has to be banned.

Why did Wenger take The Ox off?

Arsene is saying he was cramping. Worst decision ever is what everyone else was saying.

The Ox was the spark in the side. Was getting everyone going and the crowd and momentum was lost when he went off.

He was fantastic though, he's faster than Theo but can actually shoot and look to pick someone out when he crosses.

Arshavin needs sold. Pathetic. Go wear some hats son.

The best thing about The Ox, for me, is his build. Nippy wingers tend to be built like whippets. Not him. He's built like a block, like Valencia. He can hold the ball up and then bomb past them, or just storm through like a wrecking ball. He simply needs to play more. If he was injured, then so be it. He didn't shake his head or anything as he went off, and looked pleased with what he'd put in, so perhaps he'd said that he'd pulled up, or he was knackered.

Hope he goes to the Euros with England. He'll only do that if he plays. Please don't take Walcott and Downing. Oh and Wright Phillips. Good god.

I like Walcott, but I don't think he suits being a winger due to his lack of vision and decision making. I reckon he'd be top if he played on the shoulder as a poacher. He's a very good finisher and he's faster than most.

Card-waving is wenk, but I can definitely see where Mancini is coming from. Hand gestures are a huge part of communication in Italy. I've just started learning Italian, and one of the first things I was told to do was learn some hand gestures as they are universally-known and negate the need to grasp region-specific colloquialisms. Italian conversations are very animated, and you could probably go to Italy without knowing a word of the language and still get-by okay just by using your hands. For Mancini, card-waving is probably instinctive.

Not that I like it (card-waving is one of the most childish, wankerish things a grown man can do on a football pitch), but I can cut Mancini some slack in this situation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16670824.stm

Spurs were desperately unlucky against City but that's football, shame Dafoe couldn't bury that chance as it would have blown the title race wide open, back to a 2 horse race I think.

Surprised there hasn't been a mention of Aberdeen's magnificent draw at Ibrox unless I missed it or are the dons fans still celebrating!

When are the scouse supporters gonna run out patience with King Kenneth? I watched the whole game against Bolton and they were abysmal. And now he comes out slating the players off!!! You signed them mate mostly at overinflated prices as well! For that kind of outlay they should at least be nestling comfortably in the top four!

Dons were solid, but lucky on sat, on another day Rangers could have had 3 or 4, but saying that, we were solid without being too adverterous going forward, as Brown says tho the important games are the next two, we must win them. Arnesen has been a fantastic signing, i dont think anyone else in the team could have finished like that, and good to see Clark being more involved.

The City game was terrible for 50 minutes, then burst into life, gutted for Spurs but thats football i guess, arguable if Mario should be punished, it does look like a stamp, but seems a strange one, the guy is a complete nutcase tho, probably one of the few players for City who could have taken that pen with such calmness tho.

Lee Dixon was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt on MOTD2 last night but it looks like a clear stamp and I can see him getting a 3 or 4 game ban.

The Arsenal fans are running out of patience with Wenger now! If they lose Van Persie which is looking increasingly likely they'll be right fucked though that Ox chap looks a great prospect.

Thats the thing when i saw it real time there didnt look anything in it at all, but when you see the replay it does look a bit suspect, it will be a tough one for the FA to prove he definitely stamped and not just flapped about stumbling.

Soda - The Di Canio thing was brilliant, sent off for giving one of his players a freindly kick on the arse then goes absolutely mental during his interview, to be fair it was completely out of order from the ref, managers can pat players on the arse, why not a freindly wee kick that probably happens every day in training.

I was reading a thread online which seemed to indicate that Rangers fans think other fans shouldn't get off at the Ibrox underground stop to go to Ibrox... they reckon that the Aberdeen fans were asking for trouble by doing so.

Uh...where the hell else would they get off?