aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

:laughing:

Now can someone tell me why this weeks football ramble is not up yet? I'm leaving for work in half an hour. This could ruin Wednesday for me. If it's not up in time I'm going to take it as a sure sign Madrid will win tonight.

I don't know. Lukey Moore said on the twitters earlier "the bosses in the ivory tower tell me there's a new football ramble due today". HOPETHATHELPS.

That's Jack Grimmer moved to Fulham:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16490124.stm

Obviously it's up to the player themselves but it seems a bit of a gamble for a young player like Grimmer or Scott Allan to throw away continued development and a good chance of first team football for a below average PL side where they may never get a game. Grimmer only started once for the Dons I think and is still only 17.

• Upvote 1

Regarding Darlington, former keeper David Preece with a good article here, including background on his move to Aberdeen.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/ex-darlington-keeper-remembers-the-day-the-slide-into-obscurity-began/

I had a season ticket at Todders from the age of 12-18. For the majority of this time there was an English guy that sat behind me and spent every game complaining about David Preece in his exceedingly posh accent. Me and my step-dad took it upon ourselves to become avid David Preece supporters and cheered every save he made. Always liked that David Preece.

Preece was a good guy. Coincidentally 12-18 was roughly my main phase as a season ticket holder too. Don't think I'll ever enjoy supporting the dons as much as I did back then, even though we were at the bottom of the league mostly. I'm not normally very nostalgic for my youth and teenage years due to being an adult is just fucking better. However the dons is one thing that can bring it out in me.

The El Clasico last night was awful. So much horrible play acting, card waving and all that shite. Even from Gods own footballer, Messi, but mostly from Pepe. I'm not sure why Barca crowd the referee in such numbers, even when a decision has gone their way. Abidal looked miles offside for his goal, but none of the replays did the usual freeze-frame as the ball was played, for some reason. Was he off? He also did a celebration involving fingers as guns aimed at the crowd. Didn't someone get penalised for that last year?

Why did Real buy Altintop? He's mince. Di Maria is much better, though a terrible diver.

Pepe is such a cheating bastard, and a complete nutter, why the hell does he get a game for Real?

Because he's a good player. Just needs to cut out the nutter-ness. He's a complete mink.

The El Clasico last night was awful. So much horrible play acting, card waving and all that shite. Even from Gods own footballer, Messi, but mostly from Pepe. I'm not sure why Barca crowd the referee in such numbers, even when a decision has gone their way. Abidal looked miles offside for his goal, but none of the replays did the usual freeze-frame as the ball was played, for some reason. Was he off? He also did a celebration involving fingers as guns aimed at the crowd. Didn't someone get penalised for that last year?

Why did Real buy Altintop? He's mince. Di Maria is much better, though a terrible diver.

He was a yard or two onside. Great pass. There was one replay that showed this, but the Spanish director was going a bit emotive with his cuts.

Altintop was signed on a Bosman from Bayern and pads out the squad, I guess. Don't think he's a defender though. Why he actually played last night is another matter - Ramos to RB and Albiol in at CB with Carvalho would have made sense to me.

I didnt think last nights game was terrible, there was a lot of play acting but there always is during Classico's now, Pepe should be shot tho, i just dont understand why he gets a game. One thing i didnt understand was why the commentators kept saying Ronaldo was having a good game, he had a good opening 20 minutes, then did nothing for the rest of the game.

From the second half I didn't think it was that bad either. I wouldn't though with the result. It was nowhere near as bad as that champions league game last season which is the only one which I found genuinely embarrassing and couldn't enjoy.

Anyway we're going to have another one next week and most likely a champions league clash before too long. PLus the second league game. It's all a bit much really.

Is he really that good tho? He makes rash challenges all the time, seems to get involved in everything bad in the game and just causes problems in every game i see him.

Edit - yeah your right he is def a Mourinho player, he would have slotted into that Chelsea team perfectly!

He's a much better centre back than he is central midfield winder-upper. He's tall, strong and quick and seems to like a tackle (making them...certainly not receiving them).

Why would anyone want to kick a getafe player? They didn't even have the burger king logo then.

Total cuntbag. I'm sure there's a couple of clear stamping incidents he's been involved in before too, can't remember specifics right now though.

Judging from facebook he's definitely Public enemy no1 in catalunya today.

Actually I may be wrong about that. Just looking at the Madrid supporting papers, they are much more critical of him than I expected. I kind of thought they'd go with the "accidental" defence. It may be partly to avoid talking so much about the defeat but the main stories on the Marca website are about Pepe, calling his behavior shameful etc. And a public vote has over 95% of people saying he should be punished retrospectively. It seems Madrid fans (and the marca suggests madrid players too) are getting fed up with him doing things like this.

So if both sides are more or less agreeing on this it is quite possible some punishment will be given to him.

Yeah the ban was for what Adam posted. That was an offence seen and punished by the ref at the time so a little different than the stamp last night.

I feel a bit sorry for Casillas. He's a fantastic goalkeeper and all signs are that he's a great guy too. I've never heard a Barca fan say a bad word about him. It's obvious how much he loves his team and how much it hurts him having been involved in all these defeats against barca over the last few years. His face after Abidal's goal basically said it all.