aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Does anyone own / have experience of Tesco's HUDL tablet? How does it compare with its comparable spec rivals, Nexus etc?

I know one person who bought one for each of his kids and they've had various charging faults and as a result been returned and replaced several times.

Moon Moon. Whenever I've posted guitars, or other big stuff, I've always gone with http://www.parcel2go.com, You put in where you're sending the item, and the weight/dimensions, and it gives you couriers and prices to pick from. You print out the label, slap it on the package, and they come and pick it up.

Don't just go with the cheapest though. Read about what you're paying for, and make sure your item is covered for it's full value. Also make sure you package it well with good, solid boxes, and take a picture of it before you send it. If you need to claim for damages, they'll need proof of how it was packaged before it was collected. If you have no proof of how well you packaged it, and they end up running over it in their van, you'll struggle to make a claim.

Edited by Joda Serk

Moon Moon. Whenever I've posted guitars, or other big stuff, I've always gone with http://www.parcel2go.com, You put in where you're sending the item, and the weight/dimensions, and it gives you couriers and prices to pick from. You print out the label, slap it on the package, and they come and pick it up.

Don't just go with the cheapest though. Read about what you're paying for, and make sure your item is covered for it's full value. Also make sure you package it well with good, solid boxes, and take a picture of it before you send it. If you need to claim for damages, they'll need proof of how it was packaged before it was collected. If you have no proof of how well you packaged it, and they end up running over it in their van, you'll struggle to make a claim.

thankfully I've been able to sell the guitar locally but at a lower cost. I'm really wary of posting things and guitars is something I've never wanted to do before. This guitar is built like paper. I can play about with the wood around the f hole and it moves about. So lucky miss I think.

What's the name of those free versions of Microsoft Office? Is there another one other than Open Office, as Open Office insists on installing a load of shitty memory-clogging malware at the same time.

What malware? As far as I know there shouldn't be any. You sure you weren't redirected to a dodgy download?

During the set up, it asked if I agreed to also install a number of different programs. All these pretend registry and virus scanners that immediately flag up thousands of threats. I clicked "decline" and it still did it anyway. So maybe it did punk with me with a dodgy download.

I went with LibreOffice in the end. It seems okay, though very limited. I'll perhaps give OpenOffice another go, and see if the same happens again.

Edited by Joda Serk

It was a total bastard. As soon as it offered me the bundle of registry cleanup and defrag junk, I pressed "Decline", but it just started installing anyway. Then Avast! went wild and shut it down anyway. Went to the non-sponsored link on Google, and it seems fine.

I thought I had a good eye for what was legit and what wasn't on the internet. There's so much non-legit stuff trying to con folk. Google have alot to answer for, because they're putting alot of this spam at the top of their searches.

Edited by Joda Serk