aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Cheers, few folk at work have mentioned First Mortgage so I'll try them then look at some others if they turn out to be dicks.  Last IFA I used was a total tube (lied to our faces about why documents hadn't been submitted, lazy, pushed policies we didn't want) so keen to avoid similar arseholes.

Have done a lot of the groundwork ourselves this time just want to talk it over with someone face to face before getting a decision in principal.

Cheers, few folk at work have mentioned First Mortgage so I'll try them then look at some others if they turn out to be dicks.  Last IFA I used was a total tube (lied to our faces about why documents hadn't been submitted, lazy, pushed policies we didn't want) so keen to avoid similar arseholes.

Have done a lot of the groundwork ourselves this time just want to talk it over with someone face to face before getting a decision in principal.

I used to deal with a lassie called Ruth at First Mortgage who was very helpful.

As far as I'm aware, that's not possible - I think.

If your playing your music on your computer, and your computer has Bluetooth you may be able to do it by pairing the speaker with your computer, but it may not work like that.

I think bluetooth takes precedence over the 3.55mm output. I'm not sure if you can over-ride that.

Yeah wasn't sure if that would be the case. You may be able to force it but may be more trouble than it's worth.

Aye, looks like it isn't possible. Thanks though!

I might be late to the party but I use a guy called Brian Johnstone at Wilsone & Duffus and he's been a great help to me. :up:

Give me a shout if you need his details.

I know a few people here teach english as a foreign language in various parts of Poland. 

Which courses are legit/recognised/will get you a TEFL job? Tefl.org.uk are offering the courses at a discount just now - worth it?

The best qualifications for a new teacher are the Cambridge CELTA and the Trinity College cert.TESOL. They are recognised all over the world and many jobs will have that as a minimum requirement. 

Depending on which country you plan on working in you can find places which will accept other qualifications, or in some cases people might get given jobs for no more than being a native speaker. I have a friend who moved to Spain and did the TESOL course even though he already had years of experience teaching in Korea because it would have been hard to find a job here without that qualification. 

Generally I'd say avoid the courses which are mostly on-line. They are obviously much cheaper but I just really don't see the point. In the course I did I was teaching a class of really students from the second day and for most days of the course. There really isn't anything better than time in the classroom for learning as a teacher. 

I know a few people here teach english as a foreign language in various parts of Poland. 

Which courses are legit/recognised/will get you a TEFL job? Tefl.org.uk are offering the courses at a discount just now - worth it?

Depends on which part of Poland. Android is right that the Cambridge CELTA the "Trinity College" certificate are better recognised and accredited. You might need one of these to work for the British Council or any half decent school in the UK, maybe in Europe, and a relative handful of other schools around the world (the ones which just so happen to run these courses). Otherwise no one will give a crap whether you have a cert or not, and some volunteer teaching would probably be cheaper and give you more experience.

Edited by scottyboy

I now live in a fairly large block of flats and there's a gym in the building (literally right across the hallway from my door... so no excuses)

Question: can anyone recommend a good all round workout routine? - a bit of cardio, some muscle toning, etc.

It's pretty small and doesn't have much -  it's only got treadmills, a rowing machine, a stack of dumbells, one of those spread legs/pull the bar down from the top weight machine things and maybe a couple of other things.

I haven't been to the gym in yonks so I'm a bit worried i'm gonna look like a tit and not know what exercises to do. I run outside so don't need the treadmill but that's really the only machine I know what to do with.