aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Cheers, looks like I'll be doing that tomorrow.

Chances are I'll get through all this beaurocracy, raise the complaint and have someone look into it then I'll get home and the item will have been delivered.

I don't care for it. It's a dick when selling stuff on Ebay. Paypal immediately assumes the seller is some horrid money-stealing pirate. If you sell something, the funds get put on lockdown for a month, or until the buyer declares they have recieved the item. Alot of buyers tend to forget about declaring they have recieved the item, which is a kick in the dick, and you gotta wait a month to get your dollar bills. even if you send them the link to the tracking information of an item, that's not enough. Fuck Paypal. Whatever happened to trading cattle and jars of beans?

I don't care for it. It's a dick when selling stuff on Ebay. Paypal immediately assumes the seller is some horrid money-stealing pirate. If you sell something, the funds get put on lockdown for a month, or until the buyer declares they have recieved the item. Alot of buyers tend to forget about declaring they have recieved the item, which is a kick in the dick, and you gotta wait a month to get your dollar bills. even if you send them the link to the tracking information of an item, that's not enough. Fuck Paypal. Whatever happened to trading cattle and jars of beans?

THis has never happened to me. I always get the funds released immediately. Is it for posting internationally or something?

It has never happened to me but did happen to the guy I bought an amp off on ebay. He only had a low feedback (it was either 0 or 1) and was selling a high value item. So I think it is more to stop people with low feedback providing a poor service. However in the case of an amp they are fucking expensive to post so the funds are quite useful, so in that way it is pretty dumb as well as the fact that paypal are so heavily weighted in favour of the buyer they would get there money back no matter what happened. Maybe it is a random thing, but vetting new sellers seems more likely.

Anywhere in Aberdeen sell classy whisky glasses or would etch a message onto a glass?

This doesn't really answer your question fully, but Glencairn (http://www.glencairn.co.uk/whisky-glass/) do beautiful whisky glasses, and they do an etching service too. Not based in Aberdeen, but their turnaround is pretty sharp, and they employ their own delivery drivers rather than using courier services, which is usually beneficial. Although they may just tend to operate those in the central belt, and employ couriers for ad hoc deliveries further north. Either way, my experiences with them have all been good.

Does the new Xbox console have any advantages over the old white ones? We already have an Xbox, though we do get the red flashes now and again, and alot of games are crashing. even when I watch TV shows via the external HD I get it crashing now and again. It's definitely on it's last legs. Considering just getting one of those new little black ones. Besides, the old one looks like a PC tower circa 2000. Could do without that in my living room.

Better circuit boards and chipsets (less likely to break), bigger hard drive and the console itself is smaller.

So, is the RROD issue completely gone?

How about games running? Are there less crashes? The missus' Skyrim seems to be crashing an awful lot, as do other games and Tv shows I watch through the console. The top of the console also feels htoter than the sun, so the console's age might have something to do with that.

So, is the RROD issue completely gone?

How about games running? Are there less crashes? The missus' Skyrim seems to be crashing an awful lot, as do other games and Tv shows I watch through the console. The top of the console also feels htoter than the sun, so the console's age might have something to do with that.

The RROD issue won't be completely gone I imagine but it should be much less likely.

Skyrim crashes because all Bethesda games are buggy as fuck. It crashes heaps on me as well, so did Fallout 3. But the heat suggests the console has an issue as well. Make sure it's well ventilated (don't put it in a shelf under the TV or place anything on top of it) with plenty of space around it.

It's on a glass TV unit, but it's well ventilated, as the glass shelves are just supported by little beams in the corners. It's all very open, and not enclosed like those wooden units. The console itself is over 5 years old, so it's probably due to be given the boot, as we get the red flashes at least once every week or two. It usually goes away by switching it off and on at least.

I might just be unlucky but my newer xbox has crashed more in 3 months than my white one did in 4 years. RROD still exists but its less likely now, although a few towels sort that problem out.

Skyrim crashing is just the norm, full of bugs that will never be fixed from what i have read, but films crashing would lead me to think its on its way out.

The worst thing about the new ones is the hard drives from the old ones dont fit, so you need to buy a cable to transfer all your stuff.