aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I'm drinking a Coke Zero now? And I had some beer on Friday night :cheers: These are suitable alternatives to water, right?

Nae really, still got caffeine in it...and so remains a diuretic...whether the liquid content is sufficient to counter-act the caffeine-instigated peeing, feck knows....why can't you just drink water? Tried fizzy water with a dash of Ribena? right fine...

Has anyone been to New Zealand's North Island and can they give me some good tips on stuff do, see or places to go?

Going there on our honeymoon in (argh!) less than 12 weeks.

Ask all the natives to say "fish and chips". They love it.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone been to New Zealand's North Island and can they give me some good tips on stuff do, see or places to go?

Going there on our honeymoon in (argh!) less than 12 weeks.

I really liked Rotorua. Lots of volcanic geothermal weirdness and Maori culture (worth seeking out the less tourist-y things on offer, hangi feasts are pretty decent though). Only things is that it does take a wee while to get used to the sulphur smell.

A lot of the coastline on the East is pretty nice too.

Is the 727 Jet bus usually on time during rush hour? I am considering trying it instead of the train, but I am not keen if it will make me late for work more often than not. Thinking of getting the 7:40 bus, which should get to the airport in half an hour, in theory.

7.40 tends to take about 40 mins, could be less with the kids off at the moment. I have recently been getting the 8.00 and I'm at the airport by 8.30. Where about do you work? Is it close to the stop?

7.40 tends to take about 40 mins, could be less with the kids off at the moment. I have recently been getting the 8.00 and I'm at the airport by 8.30. Where about do you work? Is it close to the stop?

I am a 15 minutes walk from the airport, so I don't have that much leeway if the bus is late.

Get the 7.20 to make sure or just say fuck it and get the 7.40. Jake will sit next to you and stare at you though. Jake my boss isn't in so I can get away with being late at the minute. After that I'm on my motorbike so Jan will have to take my place in your heart.

That 7.20 bus would mean leaving my flat at 7.10. Decisions, decisions...