aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

none of my quick questions ever ever get answered, but:

Where in Aberdeen does powder coating of say...a bike frame, or drum hoops? Has anyone any experience of them?

none of my quick questions ever ever get answered, but:

Where in Aberdeen does powder coating of say...a bike frame, or drum hoops? Has anyone any experience of them?

I got a couple of quotes from places for sandblasting and powder coating a motorbike frame but never got round to taking it in. Most places seemed willing to do a job no matter how small. i googled powder coating aberdeen. then i emailed them.

Definitely fucking with you. You'd have to travel pretty far into Brooklyn to get into mugging territory. It's one of the most annoying things in new york - Taxi drivers don't want to drive to the outer boroughs and do everything they can to prevent having to. They make more money going up and down a few busy blocks in Manhattan. Legally they're supposed to take you anywhere in the city and you can report them if they don't but most of them give no fucks.
If some Taxi driving bitch refuses to take me somewhere im'a whip out the Die Hard quote on his ass.

"Your lights are on. Look, I'll make this very simple. 112 Wall Street, or I'll have your medallion suspended. What... you don't like white people?"

• Upvote 3

I got a couple of quotes from places for sandblasting and powder coating a motorbike frame but never got round to taking it in. Most places seemed willing to do a job no matter how small. i googled powder coating aberdeen. then i emailed them.

just emailed a company asking how much it'd be - they replied saying "we dont do items for the general public. it would cost around £60-80"

WELL WHICH IS IT?

The 7.40 didn't turn up. I guess you didn't get a seat. I'm away to make my first ever official complaint. This has happened too many times!

That's twice it's happened to me. At least with the bus being full we never stopped until our stop. I never sat, I had to stand down the front like a chump.

That's twice it's happened to me. At least with the bus being full we never stopped until our stop. I never sat, I had to stand down the front like a chump.

That's at least 5 times for me, worst is when this happened two Fridays in a row for my bus home. You say it's good we never stopped but what about those poor chumps who ended up missing two buses!

Which one was that!? I got closer to the 100 mark for a motorcycle frame. What did you ask for?

it's just for a road bike that's in desperate need of some protection from the elements!!

That's at least 5 times for me, worst is when this happened two Fridays in a row for my bus home. You say it's good we never stopped but what about those poor chumps who ended up missing two buses!

Oh there was once where 2 buses went past me for my bus home as they were full to the brim. Utter chaos.

Would I not? When I switch on the FX Loop, I assumed the signal would then go through the loop. The tuner instantly mutes any signal, so by my logic the loop would essentially be incomplete as the signal would stop at the tuner. No?

It would be easier if my amp was here, but it's at my bands lockup, so I can't just try it.

It depends on whether or not you have a wet/dry control on your effects loop. I can't remember which way round it is but 100% dry is all of the send signal and none of the return and 100% wet is all return and no send. If you have it set to 100% wet then the muting will happen as the amp will use exclusively what it is getting from the return socket and if you mute the signal between the send and return you should get nothing.

Maybe. See the manual for a Hartke HA3500 which has one of these controls for a probably better explanation: http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/support/manuals/HA35_5500_OM_5L_V5.3_1.pdf

• Upvote 1

It depends on whether or not you have a wet/dry control on your effects loop. I can't remember which way round it is but 100% dry is all of the send signal and none of the return and 100% wet is all return and no send. If you have it set to 100% wet then the muting will happen as the amp will use exclusively what it is getting from the return socket and if you mute the signal between the send and return you should get nothing.

Maybe. See the manual for a Hartke HA3500 which has one of these controls for a probably better explanation: http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/support/manuals/HA35_5500_OM_5L_V5.3_1.pdf

Cheers for this. I have never actually used my FX loop for anything, but I do know it has no switch for anything other than the send and return. spose I should just give it a try and see what happens.

I bought something from ebay. It hasn't arrived. Apparently because I paid through paypal I have to use their resolution centre but I did it using a one-off card payment instead of a paypall account. To open a resolution do I first need to open a paypal account?

I think there's an option on eBay to open a resolution? I could be wrong, I've not done it for a while.

There is. It tells me that because I paid through paypal I have to open a resolution with paypal. When I try and get into paypal's resolution centre it prompts for login. I don't want a paypal account.

There is. It tells me that because I paid through paypal I have to open a resolution with paypal. When I try and get into paypal's resolution centre it prompts for login. I don't want a paypal account.

you have to call them apparently - https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-eBay/Can-t-open-a-dispute-because-I-payed-with-Paypal-as-a-guest/m-p/510190/message-uid/510190#U510190

That's odd, because if you don't have a Paypal account, if you start one, it won't immediately have a record of this payment that you've made. Then again, I don't quite understand how it is possible to pay with Paypal if you don't have a Paypal account.

You can make a one-off card payment to the seller's paypal account as though they were a normal online shop.

For a bit of background (before someone suggests getting a paypal account) I don't want anything to do with paypal after I had various issues with my bank accounts over a couple of years. People stealing money out of them. The last time it happened was immediately after I'd re-activated my paypal account and changed my bank account details. That week I got stung again by fraudsters. Paypal refused to believe their account had been compromised and wouldn't investigate so I asked for it to be deleted and washed my hands of them instead.