aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Anyone been to Verona or Bologna?

Comments/suggestions s'il te plait.

I've been to Verona, visited Juliet's Balcony and grave and the big theatre in the main square. If your able to travel a bit from Verona, I'd recommend going to Lake Garda and visit some of the towns around the lake, my wife and I stayed in Gardon Riviera which has an absolutely amazing but bonkers house/gardens called the http://www.vittoriale.it/

Bolonga is home to the Lamborgini factory and also Ducati, and there are museums for both (although it was just a bit too far for me to visit) the Ferrari factory and museum is a short distance from Bolonga, and could be worth a visit, although be careful of the people offering you the chance to drive a Ferrari or Lamborgini on the streets, as while it seems cheap, if you kerb it the cost of a wheel is about 2 grand.  

If you can't get one just scoop the chips out with a slotted spoon.  Most large supermarkets will probably stock them in their homewares section though if you can't get to a Lakeland.  

Otherwise you should be able to find them on Amazon or some other site (Nisbets for example) if you want to fork out for next day delivery.

I think that might have to be it even though I don't trust myself to not end up flinging oil everywhere as I scoop them out. I was struggling to find a slotted spoon at one point though! (Although I wasn't really looking hard for it, just none of the supermarkets with kitchenware sections seemed to have them whenever I remembered to check) I mentioned in passing to my mum that I was after one once and the last time I was home, she had misunderstood and bought me a fish-slice.

I really really apologise for this subject turning me into one of the people I mock for being too detailed in their dull facebook posts.

I think that might have to be it even though I don't trust myself to not end up flinging oil everywhere as I scoop them out. I was struggling to find a slotted spoon at one point though! (Although I wasn't really looking hard for it, just none of the supermarkets with kitchenware sections seemed to have them whenever I remembered to check) I mentioned in passing to my mum that I was after one once and the last time I was home, she had misunderstood and bought me a fish-slice.

I really really apologise for this subject turning me into one of the people I mock for being too detailed in their dull facebook posts.

Use a potato masher to pick them up?

xx

Ah, Lakeland! I forgot that place existed. THANX LADZ. Will see if there is one in Edinburgh. Ikea feels like aaaaages away, but if I can't get one anywhere else, it'll have to be there.

I'd should have bought one online before but never really needed one urgently in the past, but it's my boyfriend's birthday on Wednesday and I recently promised I'd make him homemade chips (simple pleasures) to go with his STEAK.

If you can get to Morningside easily enough there's a Square One type shop on Morningside Road, down from Waitrose, that might have it.

Ok who here works in I.T? Today i was at a lecture at RGU about careers in computing the one thing i took note of most is " you dont have to have a computing background to work in I.T" i meen there was a guy there with no qualifocations he done a 3 week course (he was that good at it) now he works for talisman energy as a I.T security advisor of some sort earning too much money. If anyone in here is in I.T whats your advise?

Ok who here works in I.T? Today i was at a lecture at RGU about careers in computing the one thing i took note of most is " you dont have to have a computing background to work in I.T" i meen there was a guy there with no qualifocations he done a 3 week course (he was that good at it) now he works for talisman energy as a I.T security advisor of some sort earning too much money. If anyone in here is in I.T whats your advise?

I'd say get qualifications anyway if that's what you wanna do. I have IT qualifications, yet I've never been able to wrangle an IT job. 

IT is a BIG field so it depends what specific area you want to work in. If you want to become a developer then I'd suggest a) either learn on your own (hard), do your own projects similar to the type of stuff you'd want to get paid for, enter hackathons, pitch yourself to companies in a 'hey i'm a rogue coding maverick' way or b) do a course/multiple courses and go the traditional route and get industry ready via your education. If you want to be a manager you could technically bypass knowing anything about IT and project manage in the truest sense of the word, in which case get an MBA or a management related degree. A technical IT project manager will have a strong background in IT however. But even then you have guys who know everything there is to know about networks but couldn't write in javascript and vice versa. It all depends what you want to do.

I've worked in 'IT' for years with no qualification. I did technical translation, some IT 'support' which I learned on the job and more recently product management and UX design which requires no coding experience or knowledge of infrastructure and whatnot.

Well my first idea of a job was mental health nursing. I spoke to a guy there who before this was a fully qualified phyciatrist. He even said that could be usefull in "I.T" his role as a phyciatrist was even usefull in his job working for a small company from seattle called microsoft. I suppose i was more interested in the whole coding and programing side lucky for me my teacher was a programmer for ibm the cheeky cow also was able to hack. Once she was able to see what everyone else was getting paid. Turns out the guy who done the same job as her was getting paid more than her so she thought she would give her self a pay rise. How no one noticed i do not know