aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Church goers, which church do you go to? Does anyone have an experience with the Kings Community Church?

I go to that Church, and play in the band (but I'm not playing this Sunday)

If you fancy coming along, we've two services in the morning 9:30 and 11:30, and one in the evening at 6PM. If you do decide to head along - send me a message and I'll try and head to the same service as you, to say hello. And ultimately prove all Christians aren't mentalists. 

/edit - forgot to mention what the church was like. It's quite an easy going church, really accepting. Full band (drums, electrics, accoustic, singers, keyboard), as mentioned - we're pentecostal which believe in the day of Pentecost. Which is that when Jesus' left, he left behind his spirit - and the works of the spirit that go along with it. Some people don't like the wacky pentecostals. 

Edited by DanClews
  • Upvote 1

I go to that Church, and play in the band (but I'm not playing this Sunday)

If you fancy coming along, we've two services in the morning 9:30 and 11:30, and one in the evening at 6PM. If you do decide to head along - send me a message and I'll try and head to the same service as you, to say hello. And ultimately prove all Christians aren't mentalists. 

/edit - forgot to mention what the church was like. It's quite an easy going church, really accepting. Full band (drums, electrics, accoustic, singers, keyboard), as mentioned - we're pentecostal which believe in the day of Pentecost. Which is that when Jesus' left, he left behind his spirit - and the works of the spirit that go along with it. Some people don't like the wacky pentecostals. 

Cheers. I'll definitely send you a message if I come along on Sunday. Not sure what service I'll go to.

He annoyed me a little but what kids that age don't annoy people. I assume he probably has some sort of social/learning difficulties, like Jake Bassist clearly does, but I wouldn't have wanted him to leave the website.

I always got good grades and have never had trouble making friends in new environments. You lot were just so easy to wind up. It's like you actually cared about music or something. 

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

• Upvote 1

I always got good grades and have never had trouble making friends in new environments. You lot were just so easy to wind up. It's like you actually cared about music or something. 

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

It's easy to get good grades if you're in a class where drawing a picture of a big smiley cat gets you an A........

• Upvote 4

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

You've never wound me up, I've always given you a bit more rope 'cause I thought you were maybe a little "special". If that's turned out to be a ruse then bravo, you're a great actor.

I didn't mind YA. His spelling annoyed me,and his constant flip flopping of "I need to sell all my stuff to buy this / OMYGODTHISISTHEBESTTHINGIVEEVERBOUGHT / For Sale - Brand New Thing / I'm giving up music" was painful to read at times, but he was alright. Chipped in to most discussions and it was guaranteed if I logged in on a quiet day at work there was a whole bunch of new replies to read.

there should be a thread where mods share old posts and we have to guess which member posted it, in the the form of multiple choice

Go on. You can start.

you are all a bunch of fucking dicks min!

i cant be arsed typing why Im angry but you are all a bunch of cunts that need to be booted firmly in the balls and made to eat dog shit

i FUCKING HATE YOU!

Where can I find a league table of members based on reputation points?

I want to see how popular I am on the Internet compared to some other people on the Internet.

I would have thought that rep divided by post count would be a more useful measure.  Lots of points is all very well and good, but how much work did you have to put in to get 'em?

I'm probably overthinking it, but numbers without analysis are pretty boring to me.

Edited by neepheid

Difficult to judge when you factor in the lack of a rep system for the first x years of this site's existence and the fact that I've been here since the beginning of time.

HOWEVER, I have 1515 rep points from 7181 posts. [EDIT= just got an extra point because I'm the best]

Soda Jerk has a whopping 3260 rep points from a whopping 14,254 posts.

Teabags (in second) has 1813 rep points from 10,446 posts.

Can you tell me who is best please? If I'm the winner I will declare myself king.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

Difficult to judge when you factor in the lack of a rep system for the first x years of this site's existence and the fact that I've been here since the beginning of time.

HOWEVER, I have 1514 rep points from 7181 posts.

Soda Jerk has a whopping 3260 rep points from a whopping 14,254 posts.

Teabags (in second) has 1813 rep points from 10,446 posts.

Can you tell me who is best please? If I'm the winner I will declare myself king.

I'm not doing your sums for you.  My days of doing other people's homework for them are long gone.  I'm a militant nerd/dork/geek these days.

Much more pertinent to me: are you ever going to pick up that hat?  I'd feel bad taking it to the charity shop when I said you could have it.

Edited by neepheid