aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I have a flat inspection this week. I have taken my posters down, now there are marks and tears on the wall. How can I cover those bitches up? It is a white wall, can I just dab it with paint?

Lighter fluid.

OR

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080826080123AAPmnDu

I wouldn't dab with paint, as that will look bad. You'd pretty much have to do the entire wall if you want to go down the paint route.

Edited by Jan
  • Upvote 1

Lighter fluid.

OR

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080826080123AAPmnDu

I wouldn't dab with paint, as that will look bad. You'd pretty much have to do the entire wall if you want to go down the paint route.

That is perfect for the grease marks, thought as much about the paint idea. Still leaves me fucked where the blue tack has ripped the paper. 

It's too late now, but always use drawing pins if you have to have stuff up. In rented property, it's best not to at all, unless there are already hooks and nails for you to hang stuff.

Unless you want to be a model tenant and paint the whole room. Alot of people do, if they believe the decor has been tarnished enough to have their deposit snatched.

Blu-tac is a shit. Avoid at all costs, all of the time. The stuff should be banned.

• Upvote 1

Reminds me of Grampian Transport Museum in Alford.

I still don't understand what this Last Bus place is? A music venue with a cafe, themed around a bus depot? With a carriage with a bed in it for.......decoration? It looks fucking ace and my missus is a vegetarian so would be great to take her there for some food as there are such limited places that do decent veggie food in Aberdeen

I still don't understand what this Last Bus place is? A music venue with a cafe, themed around a bus depot? With a carriage with a bed in it for.......decoration? It looks fucking ace and my missus is a vegetarian so would be great to take her there for some food as there are such limited places that do decent veggie food in Aberdeen

That's pretty much it.  I think the converted railway carriages can be used for overnight accommodation.  Don't quote me on that though.  Just ask 'em.

Also saw this - "The Works Canteen will shut down on 21 April 2013 for essential maintenance. Re- opening provisionally scheduled for 11 May", so you might want to check first and make sure they're all up and running again.

Doesn't that mean you can't get food next weekend?

Doesn't that mean you can't get food next weekend?

The re-opening which, according to the website announcement has already happened at time of writing this post was described as provisional, so I'm happy to accept that maybe you know something about this which I don't.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cool Thinker

Reminds me of Grampian Transport Museum in Alford.

Now that is a night oot grab the ginger beer and some marmalade sandwiches then after that you can do karaoke at Emeli Sande's hoose. Shame the bus takes 2 hours :(

Is fighting legal in ice hockey?

In the American and Canadian leagues (NHL, AHL, ECHL, USHL, CHL etc etc) except College hockey yes, but it's a penalty. Each player will receive 5 minute majors for fighting but both teams remain at 5-on-5 as the penalties were coincidental. There are other rules to it, but that's the basics.

In International and European leagues, not so much. Players that engage in "fisticuffs" are ejected from the game and another player serves penalty minutes in their place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_in_ice_hockey

Guest Cool Thinker

Is it weird that I dislike downloading music, I prefer CD's because of quality etc?

Am I alone or is there anyone else on here that dislikes downloading. I just feel weird listening to music on my CD Walkman.

I listen to so much music it is pretty much my life. This is where Cool Thinker gets relevant.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Is it weird that I dislike downloading music, I prefer CD's because of quality etc?

Am I alone or is there anyone else on here that dislikes downloading. I just feel weird listening to music on my CD Walkman.

I listen to so much music it is pretty much my life. This is where Cool Thinker gets relevant.

You've came to the right place, friend.