aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Anyone got a number for a guitar tech based in the city centre?

Or does anyone wanna fit a pickup for me? I'll pay the going rate, but don't wanna take it to a shop and have to wait 2 or 3 weeks to get it back, and pay 40-odd quid for the trouble.

Message HateEvent on here. He's a fine chap.
  • Upvote 1

That new McDonalds advert, where that guy starts his new job, and that woman is blabbering on and on, and he's all like "WTF?" all the way through, until he sinks his chops into some shite burger; in the bit where he's told off for using more than one paper towel, why is the woman in the pisser with him? Is she a willy watcher?

• Upvote 1

Or does anyone wanna fit a pickup for me? I'll pay the going rate, but don't wanna take it to a shop and have to wait 2 or 3 weeks to get it back, and pay 40-odd quid for the trouble.

Is it a humbucker for a humbucker? When I get my soldering iron back, I could probably do it.

I think Neil from out of Eric Euan (used to work in Prosound) is doing guitar stuff again. I will try and find a contact.

• Upvote 1

You seem a knowledgable bunch, so riddle me this. I got pulled over this morning for turning right down a road you're not meant to turn right down. No big deal really, a £30 fine and barely even a slap on the wrist. what I found disconcerting was when the policelady was requesting information for me while I was in the back of the car, the lady on the other side of the radio said "one previous offence" which wasn't related to driving. I have no fucking clue what this previous offence is, and would like to find out if there's been a mistake, or if I got fined for pissing on the street when I was blazing and forgot about it (which seems highly unlikely).

So my question is, is there any place or website where I can check my criminal record?

You seem a knowledgable bunch, so riddle me this. I got pulled over this morning for turning right down a road you're not meant to turn right down. No big deal really, a £30 fine and barely even a slap on the wrist. what I found disconcerting was when the policelady was requesting information for me while I was in the back of the car, the lady on the other side of the radio said "one previous offence" which wasn't related to driving. I have no fucking clue what this previous offence is, and would like to find out if there's been a mistake, or if I got fined for pissing on the street when I was blazing and forgot about it (which seems highly unlikely).

So my question is, is there any place or website where I can check my criminal record?

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/crime.aspx

It's probably just all the hookers. Worth checking out anyway, I suppose.

I really ought to befriend a crooked cop, who I can go and request information from without any questions being asked. He'd definitely be black, with grey hair; in his late 50s. He'd say: "what crazy shit you got yourself into this time, Dallas?" and I'd dismissively respond, saying "you know our agreement, Carl. Now can you do this for me?"

For some reason I'm eating some kind of street food wearing a suit.

• Upvote 1

Was this going passed the Forum after coming from up Rosemount Viaduct by any chance? I got done there a couple of years ago which is annoying because i used to regularly use that as a shortcut even though it's technically a naughty thing to do.

No, turning onto Moray Place off King's Gate. I've literally been doing it for 3 months, ever since I started working on Rubislaw Den North, and have never noticed the no right turn sign, even though it is completely conspicuous! There is absolutely no good reason for it to be there and about 7 other people from my work got caught this morning too. They told me they'd caught 12 people between 8am and quarter to 9!