aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Actually a lot of stuff that you might think is shot on tape is actually shot on film then transferred to tape. Friends for example.

Yeah, i know. Friends would actually be a possible Blu Ray release if everyone didn't already have it on DVD/cost of remastering it/someone actually finds or sources the original prints.

I'd say in the case of TV the percentage shot on film would be smaller.

Where can I park for free near Union Square or Market Street in general?

Just went for a scope before I start a new job in an office down there and couldn't find a single space. At the moment I'm thinking across the river in Torry may be my best bet.

Just went for a scope before I start a new job in an office down there and couldn't find a single space. At the moment I'm thinking across the river in Torry may be my best bet.

Yup, think you are right.

Should I accept postal order as payment for something I'm selling on ebay?

Somebody has sent me a question asking. In theory I guess some folk don't have Paypal but it could be some sort of scam. Although I wouldn't post the goods until I had cashed the postal order I guess. Hmm.

Yup, think you are right.

Should I accept postal order as payment for something I'm selling on ebay?

Somebody has sent me a question asking. In theory I guess some folk don't have Paypal but it could be some sort of scam. Although I wouldn't post the goods until I had cashed the postal order I guess. Hmm.

I don't see how that can backfire, unless they turn out to be a non-payer. Once you've cashed the Postal Order, they can't claim that back against your will with some sort of scam like they could with Paypal. Paypal is all well and good for protecting the buyers, but it does absolutely nothing to protect sellers.

Although a whole new can of worms could be opened if he claims to have sent the postal order, but it goes "missing". I don't know what sort of insurance the Post Office offer on those sort of things. Still think that'd be his problem and not yours though.

The whole industrial estate behind Union Square is free parking. Except for the bit just outside Union Square which has a single yellow line. You can stop anywhere at the side of the road there. They can't touch you for it.

When selling on ebay and accepting those kinds of payments, it's perfectly normal to agree and wait until they've been cashed before sending.

Remember some people don't have paypal or even don't have bank accounts because of previous indiscretions, but that doesn't meant that they don't have the money to pay.

I don't see how that can backfire, unless they turn out to be a non-payer. Once you've cashed the Postal Order, they can't claim that back against your will with some sort of scam like they could with Paypal. Paypal is all well and good for protecting the buyers, but it does absolutely nothing to protect sellers.

Although a whole new can of worms could be opened if he claims to have sent the postal order, but it goes "missing". I don't know what sort of insurance the Post Office offer on those sort of things. Still think that'd be his problem and not yours though.

Aye, I obviously wouldn't post the item until I had cashed it.

I'm wondering if there will be any hassle with ebay though, they own Paypal and therefore will want their cut. I haven't put down Postal Order as a payment method.

Is there not free parking on Palmerston or Poynernook Road??

Yes there is (this is the same bit Lucky is referring to as well).

Unfortunately it's common knowledge so there's no spaces and in fact loads of them were double parked this morning. I don't mind a short walk so I was hoping someone might know a good side street nearby that's not occurred to me.

Yes there is (this is the same bit Lucky is referring to as well).

Unfortunately it's common knowledge so there's no spaces and in fact loads of them were double parked this morning. I don't mind a short walk so I was hoping someone might know a good side street nearby that's not occurred to me.

Duthie Park us about 10 minutes from Market street, loads of free parking there.

Where can I buy either an Ipod FEMALE to 3.5mm jack adapter cable, or an Ipod docking station extender (Ipod female to Ipod male) cable in town?

I need to plug a non-ipod (3.5mm) jack audio source into my Ipod only docking station and I want the capability tomorrow so I want to avoid buying online if I can. I can either buy an extender cable like this and splice a 3.5mm connector on, or an adapter like this.

Any help?

xx

Where's Nev these days? What happened to Nev?

I'm both glad and scared you asked this. It means it's not you sat in the tree outside my window. But if it's not you...?

I've been meaning to post this in pet hates for ages. That and farting in the bogs at work when other people are there. I can't help laughing; even though it's not fucking funny.

I laughed at this. And laugh at bogfarts.