aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

I want to try one of the Fujigen guitars. Hella pricey though. I'm sure they will be worth it. Since no one here is an Ibanez fan, Fujigen is the factory in Japan where the Prestige Ibanez guitars are made and they ooze quality. They've launched their own range and some of them are stunning. Will appeal to more than just Ibanez fans for sure. Here is Andy Williams of ETID with one. I like the shape of this one, like a tele/LP hybrid. No, I have no idea what the neck profiles are like, but I'm hoping the are similar to Ibanez necks!

996170_534138563289439_1128756848_n.jpg

Speaking of my love for Ibanez necks... are there any Fenders with flatter, narrower necks? I'd love a tele but they all have round, fat necks. I've got small hands and fingers and they just aren't comfortable for me to play. I know the Jim Root tele's have more jackson style necks but other than the white one, i don't like the look of them. And they would need converted to passives as I don't like EMG's.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of my love for Ibanez necks... are there any Fenders with flatter, narrower necks? I'd love a tele but they all have round, fat necks. I've got small hands and fingers and they just aren't comfortable for me to play. I know the Jim Root tele's have more jackson style necks but other than the white one, i don't like the look of them. And they would need converted to passives as I don't like EMG's.

Possibly not very helpful if you're set on a tele but I have girly little hands and always found slimmer strat necks comfortable enough.

I also had a cheap, Peavey Generation which was tele-shaped and a had a really playable, slim neck.

141297278.jpg

http://ohnoho.com/#!/~/product/category=0&id=23246347

Sounds like the Napalm Snowball I used to have, but perhaps more usable, as all the FX in the loop operate normally when the pedal isn't switched on, unlike with the Snowball, where everything is muted unless it's engaged and mashing up the signal.

Cool concept too. OhNoHo only make 10 units of each pedal, then they're gone, and they make something else, so I better snap one up quick.

I may be getting a Mayones Setius soon. Definitely something I want! Waiting on one of my own guitars selling but if so I don't think I will be able to resist.

RsOsT0d.jpg

Also get a set of EMG 57/66 lined up for my 'spare' RGA121 if I get my 7 sold. Yeah I know... I hate the regular EMG's  but the 57/66 sound a lot like passives and I'm keen to give them a shot.

Well well, it seems that Fender are finally going to get around to making the Starcaster bass, only 38 years after building the prototypes ;)

iX0fCrH.jpg

Would want a shottie of one for sure.  Finally some Fenders that are exciting and different, even if it is an old idea.  The Pawn Shop nonsense was getting rather tiring, in particular the silly reverse Jaguar thing.  I tried one, it sounded merely OK and ergonomically it was bonkers - took the top 5 frets or so completely out of commission.  Yes yes, dusty end and all that but what's the fecking point of them being there if you can't even get to them?

Also seems they're going to reissue the Coronado, but modern it up a bit with I guess Fideli'tron pickups (which I know sound great because I have one in my Cabronita P), lose the thumbrest and tug bar and add a pickguard.  Shame they lost the stepped bridge of the originals though, that was a neat identifying feature of the Coronado.  Looks lovely, but we'd have to see how that short scale neck feels.

9437014254_de130d30dd_z.jpg

Oh, and the analogous guitars are also getting an airing, but you know I don't care about that.

Edited by neepheid
  • Upvote 2