aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

I still can't belive Squier are now doing 'proper' jazz, jags n mustangs. They seem to get good enough reviews too. The only negative things I've really seen written about them is the roughness of the pickguards and some issues with the quality of the finish.

Some of the posters over at offsetguitars.com have done some very nice upgrade work to their  VM jazz/jags and mustangs.

The prototype for the Telemaster is worth approx $6,000.

Think I'll just make my own... one day.

I have a custom Jazzmaster that I'm still working on.

Completely converted to offset fenders now.

You can buy alder bodies off ebay for just shy of 80 quid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Telemaster-Replacement-Alder-Bodies-/321102905381?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4ac3398025#ht_1243wt_1170

Guest davetherave

I think offset guitars look cool as fuck, but I just cant get on with them myself! Telemaster looks great though, might have to build one :)

I used my new Fender 51 (made in japan) at a recent gig and its one of the best guitars I've owned.

Pawn-Shop-Fender-51-Strat.jpg

• Upvote 1

I think offset guitars look cool as fuck, but I just cant get on with them myself! Telemaster looks great though, might have to build one :)

I used my new Fender 51 (made in japan) at a recent gig and its one of the best guitars I've owned.

Pawn-Shop-Fender-51-Strat.jpg

The Pawn shops look feking amazing, been really tempted by pretty much all of them, if i was being picky the ones i liked the most had Rosewood necks, which would be perfect with maple necks! this one looks awsome, body look almost like a bass :) . Id love a hybrid Jazzmaster with a maple neck.

Edited by fertuiee

Guest davetherave

I guess my ideal combination fenderstein guitar would have jazzmaster pickups, bigsby trem, candy red tele body and maple neck, with a sculpted back/top for comfort. Something like this..

P080511_11_250001.JPG

• Upvote 2

DSC_0040-1.jpg

i want one of these i need one of these, 1967 fender corondo

It kills me that Fender keep churning out Kurt Cobain re-issues rather than beautiful guitars like the Corondo.

Fender XII

DSC_0052.jpg

Fender IV

196xFenderBassVI-1.jpg

Bronco

B20.JPG

Music master

p1_u5kp4i4cb_so.jpg

Starcaster

1977FenderStarcaster001.jpg

Fender Custom/Maverick

tumblr_m2w2060RgZ1qbvpfyo1_1280.jpg

Marauder

marauder_in_blue.jpg

Edited by Flights

Guest Young Adolesent

It kills me that Fender keep churning out Kurt Cobain re-issues rather than beautiful guitars like the Corondo.

Starcaster

1977FenderStarcaster001.jpg

i agree not enough hollow bodies too much strats, teles and jazzmasters. dam the starcaster is nice 

Edited by Young Adolesent

Fender XII, Fender IV,Bronco, Music master, Starcaster, Fender Custom/Maverick, Marauder

To be fair to Fender, they have reissued Broncos, Musicmasters as Bass IV's as Squier equivalents. If you want a real Bronco or Music Master, they don't cost much, pretty much equivalent to a modern American Fender. The Marauder was just a prototype and the Maverick was just left over parts turned into a guitar to use up stock from guitars that never sold well. The Starcaster would be nice, but they never sold back in the day, would be very expensive to manufacture and have a niche audience. IIRC, guitar make Bilt are doing a replica, but they're not cheap mind.

Guest Young Adolesent

To be fair to Fender, they have reissued Broncos, Musicmasters as Bass IV's as Squier equivalents. If you want a real Bronco or Music Master, they don't cost much, pretty much equivalent to a modern American Fender. The Marauder was just a prototype and the Maverick was just left over parts turned into a guitar to use up stock from guitars that never sold well. The Starcaster would be nice, but they never sold back in the day, would be very expensive to manufacture and have a niche audience. IIRC, guitar make Bilt are doing a replica, but they're not cheap mind.

fender have reissued a lot of old models but still not bring back the good ones like the starcaster and the coronado may not of sold much back then but i think they would be a big git nowadays