aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

Madre de Dios. I've only just picked-up my guitar again having not played regularly for about 6 or 7 years and already I've got my eyes on a plethora of boutique pedals, vintage amplifiers and guitars that I really can't afford.

This is a disease - a terrible, terrible disease, for which there is no cure. If it takes me, tell my wife I love her and bury me by the sea.

• Upvote 1

I need to get a new double kick pedal, my current one is a bastard of two broken pedals and a shit load of gaffer tape holding it together, i thought spraying it with WD40 would do it some good, now all the bits that were just staying together are falilng apart. Any good reccomendations? I dont need anything for killer double kick bits, i just use it for fills more than anything.

Ontop of that im buying another new A custom cymbal this month, i got a 16" last month, 18" this month, and then ill decide if its worth selling my 18" AAX crash. Behind all that i plan on buying another drum kit, probably a Mapex one, i love my DNA one, but its a pain in the arse to take to small gigs because of the size of it.

I need to get a new double kick pedal, my current one is a bastard of two broken pedals and a shit load of gaffer tape holding it together, i thought spraying it with WD40 would do it some good, now all the bits that were just staying together are falilng apart. Any good reccomendations? I dont need anything for killer double kick bits, i just use it for fills more than anything.

Ontop of that im buying another new A custom cymbal this month, i got a 16" last month, 18" this month, and then ill decide if its worth selling my 18" AAX crash. Behind all that i plan on buying another drum kit, probably a Mapex one, i love my DNA one, but its a pain in the arse to take to small gigs because of the size of it.

big dog. or something. can't remember the name. something dog. They're good for beatdowns. 

Big Dog was what i was looking at, but i dont want a blue fucking kick pedal, what tosser came up with that idea?! What is wrong with black?! They do seem the best valued tho.

Ross of Avoid The Morning fame has one and it's so nice. And lets face it, no one's gonna see your feet for the fleet of bass drums you'll have eh.

Its the principle of the matter. Kick pedals should be black at all times.

I don't understand this principal. But to be perfectly honest, it was the only pedal name I knew. And I barely knew it.

GAK do finance. I could see me getting an amp this year. Looking at a tiny terror. Is there a similar priced head which is better? And can someone recommend a cab?

GAK do finance. I could see me getting an amp this year. Looking at a tiny terror. Is there a similar priced head which is better? And can someone recommend a cab?

Would need to know what wattage and features you were wanting and also the sound you are going for to suggest recommendations. The mini head market is very crowded now, features wise you can get more for less money than the Orange for sure but if that is the sound you are going for then that will do. Also solid state or tube?

Same with cab - do you want closed back, what speakers, budget and also which size you want? Eg a closed back v30 loaded 1x12. That will also depend on style of music of course.

I am possibly looking to shift my Matamp and AMT stuff as I fancy the Ironheart Studio or AMT stonehead to put everything in one rig so that may be up your street.

I don't understand this principal. But to be perfectly honest, it was the only pedal name I knew. And I barely knew it.

Terrors are good and user friendly.  Getting something on tick kind of rules you out of the second hand market though, huh.

Tiny terrors are amazing but I'd recommend buying a half decent reverb pedal at the same time if you do opt for it. I used my terror for ages without reverb thinking it sounded fine but after I added a holy grail it just sounded gash without it.

I've just proof read this comment at least 5 times and it looks wrong but you get the idea...it's late..

I blame soda jerk.

And I like the sound I've seen other people get out of oranges. That's why I was looking at one of them. The tinys good enough to gig with, aren't they?

It's not about the sound other people get out of them, it's all about the sound you get out of them. 

Since my new delay pedal arrived I no longer have any lusts for dealy ( for the time being )

I'm well keen on a new amp. I was looking at AC15's and similar combo's like the Fender Blues Jr but I can't decide!

DV016_Jpg_Large_1340636285420_D.jpg

Vox-AC15C1-Limited-Edition-Vintage-Red.j

xl__2230504173.jpg

Fender-Blues-Junior-III-Limited-C12N-Twe

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_481316.004_blue_R.jpg

I blame soda jerk.

And I like the sound I've seen other people get out of oranges. That's why I was looking at one of them. The tinys good enough to gig with, aren't they?

It should be, certainly if it's mic'd up you shouldn't have any problems.  Only issue might be that the Tiny is only 15 watts so may lack headroom for clean sounds and is only one channel. 

I've got a dual terror and just have it on half power for practices with no issues so the tiny should be cool too.

It should be, certainly if it's mic'd up you shouldn't have any problems.  Only issue might be that the Tiny is only 15 watts so may lack headroom for clean sounds and is only one channel. 

I've got a dual terror and just have it on half power for practices with no issues so the tiny should be cool too.

That's good news. One channel is fine as I plan on making some distortion pedals. What do you mean by it may lack headroom for clean sounds?

#ampnoob #annoysodajerk #pleasecanwehavetags