aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a semi-acoustic Fender, buy a Guild.  Fender own Guild.  As long as that continues, I doubt that Fender will bother reissuing semi-acoustic guitars under their own name.

Hmm, it just goes to show how utterly shit I am at predicting the future, doesn't it?  Frailty, thy name is neepheid.  Still excited about the Starcaster/Coronado though :)

And just found some official-ish looking pics on eBay - a seller is offering them for pre-sale.

coronado_burst.jpg

starcaster_black.jpg

starcaster_burst.jpg

starcaster_natural.jpg

Really quite liking that cherry burst Starcaster, but there's something about that Coronado too. Can't wait for them to appear in shops, definitely will give them a bash.

Oh, I suppose the guitars are also being done:

coronado_g_red.jpg

coronado_g_tobacco.jpg

starcaster_g_natural.jpg

starcaster_g_burst.jpg

There.  I can be fair and balanced in my reporting ;)

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I understand the whole not putting a humbucker in a tele

however I think they have done well to use the tele as a base for really versatile guitar, It's made of pine too, that's the only thing that puts me off. I like a guitar to have a certain weight, it instills the feeling of a good solid guitar with tone in my mind 

I'd be sticking one of these new Duncan's in it Soda

1479033_10151872569084261_1400812282_n.j

DD-90 pickup with an old English font. The DD-90 The neck pickup uses a ceramic bar magnet with steel slugs, and the bridge uses alnico pole piece magnets; the result is a bright snappy response like a Tele but with the flavor of a P90.

They are custom shop pickups so no idea of the price of the.