aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

I've heard this mentioned before. Think that's what I'm going for.

I have a ceramic Warpig (standard spec is alnico) in the Dime. You'll have to give it a shot and see what you think. 

Try Aaron's Les Paul as well - that has an alnico Warpig in it. 

They're great. It is exactly what I'd recommend you to go for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So it's NAMM time again.  This, er, beauty popped into my inbox today and made me wonder if Gretsch had been talking to YoungA for inspiration.  It's just missing a poker chip:

Gretsch-G5034TFT-Rancher.jpg

http://www.andertons.co.uk/electro-acoustic-guitars/pid32138/cid679/gretsch-g5034tft-rancher-electro-acoustic-in-savannah-sunset.asp?utm_campaign=140125mammroundup&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

So it's NAMM time again.  This, er, beauty popped into my inbox today and made me wonder if Gretsch had been talking to YoungA for inspiration.  It's just missing a poker chip:

Gretsch-G5034TFT-Rancher.jpg

http://www.andertons.co.uk/electro-acoustic-guitars/pid32138/cid679/gretsch-g5034tft-rancher-electro-acoustic-in-savannah-sunset.asp?utm_campaign=140125mammroundup&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

Fortunately they didn't consult YoungA in the application of the idea, else it would look like it was built by a chimp wearing oven gloves.

• Upvote 2

I am warming to the idea of the Gibson EB bass.  I was unimpressed when they came out last year.  For 2014 they've got some new finishes, got rid of the (in my opinion) gaudy tort pickguard and mounted the jack socket in the body instead of the pickguard.

On the down side, they're still not filling in the grain, so the lines in the wood are visible as texture.  I thought this was ludicrous when coupled with a solid satin finish, but they seem to have glossed 'em up a bit, and it's not so bad if you can actually see the grain that is being not filled.

I thought I wanted the gold finish but the unfilled grain in a solid finish just looks like a rookie refinisher's mistake, so I think I'd have a vintage sunburst one:

BAEB14V5CH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

I'm totally gassing for something Les Paul-y. This in particular has caught my eye:

IMG_3793.jpg

I dig LTD guitars. I had a Viper and one of their Fat Strats a while ago, and they were both solid.

P90s  :rockon:

I was feeling saucy earlier. I added it to my basket on Andertons, and whipped out my credit card. Then I chickened out. I should probably have a go on one first, eh?

BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE LEFT!

I was feeling saucy earlier. I added it to my basket on Andertons, and whipped out my credit card. Then I chickened out. I should probably have a go on one first, eh?

Guitar guitar have an ESP/LTD sale on just now - got a mailer earlier today...........

Distance selling - what's the problem?  Buy it, try it, don't like it?  Send it back.  Probably at your expense, but how much would you have to spend to travel somewhere to try one?