aberdeen-music

Gear that you want

ive done that quite a few times.

Doubtful - I remember you bought a pedal at Downstairs and sold it for a loss an hour later. Not a great advert for your business acumen.

its not focusing on that, i mainly want to see where my old gear has ended up

Or what perfectly good equipment you've ruined/sold at a loss. That's too sad a thread..........

So... back to the GAS?  Not that I have any just now.  Still would love a shottie of a Yamaha SBV-J2 (or any Yamaha SBV to be honest).  Let's see that again:

yamaha_sbv-j2.jpg

I see that R&B have got Epiphone Thunderbird Classic Pros back in stock - I might pop in for a try of one at the weekend, and bring a strap with me to assess the balance.  Same construction method (neck through), same types of wood used (mahogany/walnut laminated neck, mahogany wings), same pickups as the USA models - Gibson have gone a bit mad lately.  If they're good, it's going to make a USA Gibson Thunderbird difficult to justify to anyone who isn't bothered about brand snobbery.

13102304046-front-large.jpg

I'm still pretty keen for a Charvel.  I'm holding off until i can pay for at least most of it with stuff I flog though.

they have the hard tail model in black at iimusic, I didn't like it as much as the floyd model  with the maple neck, 

no skunk stripe on back of neck, instant no

• Upvote 1

So, now that I've got the Warpig in my SG, and I foudn just the right settings for my HM-2 to accompany it, I don't like playing any other guitars, cos they sound pure naff.

So thanks for the recommendations, James the Cripple and Not-Phil.

Edited by Teabags
  • Upvote 1