aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

He was attacked by a couple of neds over by Kincorth & quite badly hurt IIRC. Spent a while in hospital as a result. :(

I've seen him about quite recently but he's no longer wearing the full Dons strip. Just a scarf.

Norman is a regular shopper at the Tesco on Wellington Road and I seen him in there recently with a Dons top. I looked out for his famous sandles with red and white socks but he's wearing proper shoes. A genuine legend.

Still see him regularly at home and away games.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

This thread is ace!!

The guy with the household items - someone above said he died? Bit of a shame really. He was a guy I went to school with (not a mate or anything, just a guy in my year)'s Dad. He had Parkinsons as far as I'm aware, but before the Parkinsons, he turned a little weird - when we were in like 2nd/3rd year at school, it was rumoured that this guy's Dad was caught by the guy's Mum dressing in her clothes.... They split up etc and me and my mate were walking down the street in Peterhead and he walked past us with full make up on etc (not dressed like a woman, just full make up). We were about 15 at the time and it was fucking hilarious to us.....

Then roll on a few years and I'm living in Aberdeen and this guy's Dad runs past me with a toaster under his arm - weird...

He was attacked by a couple of neds over by Kincorth & quite badly hurt IIRC. Spent a while in hospital as a result. :(

I've seen him about quite recently but he's no longer wearing the full Dons strip. Just a scarf.

Is he the guy with the crutches that's banned from union st? Last year in the snow me and my mate pretty much carried him down union st. Next day I woke up with man flu. Never help a tramp in the cold when you've been drinking :down:

Guest idol_wild
The guy with the household items - someone above said he died? Bit of a shame really. He was a guy I went to school with (not a mate or anything, just a guy in my year)'s Dad. He had Parkinsons as far as I'm aware, but before the Parkinsons, he turned a little weird - when we were in like 2nd/3rd year at school, it was rumoured that this guy's Dad was caught by the guy's Mum dressing in her clothes.... They split up etc and me and my mate were walking down the street in Peterhead and he walked past us with full make up on etc (not dressed like a woman, just full make up). We were about 15 at the time and it was fucking hilarious to us.....

Then roll on a few years and I'm living in Aberdeen and this guy's Dad runs past me with a toaster under his arm - weird...

Yeah, this guy was affectionately referred to locally as "Shakkie Headed Mannie". I once saw him walking down George Street squeezed into a girl's ballet outfit, with tutu and all the works, carrying a pink girl's bicycle under his arm. I turned to my comrade and muttered "What an absolute legend". And he really was.

I dedicated a song to him when he died. I think Aberdeen misses characters like this.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Yeah, this guy was affectionately referred to locally as "Shakkie Headed Mannie". I once saw him walking down George Street squeezed into a girl's ballet outfit, with tutu and all the works, carrying a pink girl's bicycle under his arm. I turned to my comrade and muttered "What an absolute legend". And he really was.

I dedicated a song to him when he died. I think Aberdeen misses characters like this.

Folk I knew used to call him "Shakey Jakey" which was obviously unkind because he wasn't a jakey, nor was his name Jake as far as I'm aware!

I once saw him falling out with an empty rucksack on the Green. He was running across the street carrying it and he threw it down with such venom, and right foot volleyed it then continued to kick it across the street. I think he might have been shouting at it as well, just for good measure.

There's another guy that I'm not sure anyone's mentioned. Guy with long blone hair in a pony tail. Usually walks up Union Street or Geroge Street looking rather agitated. Very often he's muttering to himself while looking at the pavement, and also seems to go in and out of phone boxes alot.

Whatever happened to 6 foot burly bearded cross-dresser Jo-Jo?

One tramp I used to have regular dealing with was that stinky old weegie bastard with the massive beard, who always used to have a bib of puke on his jumper. He would always stop me near the Holburn junction and tell me that he'd been mugged the night before and he needed 90p to get the bus home to Glasgow. He would take his hat off and he did have a big fresh looking scar on the top of his head. The first time I believed him due to the scar, but it became obvious he was lying after a week or two of getting stopped by him every day. He would take the 90p and then go into a shop and buy a can of Special Brew with it. I saw him for like a year and he always had a fresh scar, which made me think he was mutiliating himself for better begging results.

He had this habit of putting his hand out to shake your hand, and if you took it he just wouldn't let go again, he'd just breathe his trampy pukey breath in your face till you gave him money. Haven't seen him in ages, he migrated up to Market Street and the Castlegate for a while, maybe he finally did get that fabled bus back to Glasgow.

There's another guy that I'm not sure anyone's mentioned. Guy with long blone hair in a pony tail. Usually walks up Union Street or Geroge Street looking rather agitated. Very often he's muttering to himself while looking at the pavement, and also seems to go in and out of phone boxes alot.

aye, he's a glaswegian guy, always comes into the co-op on george st asking if 'awwww yurr cheapy stuff's gawn'

i think he just wanders around town most of the day, i've seen him down by the beach, up on the top end of holburn st and everywhere in between

Are you sure that's not me?

aye, he's a glaswegian guy, always comes into the co-op on george st asking if 'awwww yurr cheapy stuff's gawn'

i think he just wanders around town most of the day, i've seen him down by the beach, up on the top end of holburn st and everywhere in between

Aye, see him in the phone boxes on the corner near co-op quite alot. Goes in one, comes out and goes in the next and so on and so forth...
Are you sure that's not me?
Nah, you're far prettier than this guy.

If it's the same I guy I'm thinking of, I quite often see him in the mornings on Bridge Street. Normally wears a denim jacket and carries a purple(I think, not positive) hold all. Years ago, he used to walk about the Holburn Street/Broomhill area in tiny denim shorts.

I'm guessing he has some sort of mental health issues.