aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Celebrities!

Sue Denim..

He was outside john lewis the other day. I asked him to sing some Pink Floyd and he shot me the most evil look ive ever seen.

My friend and i were wondering why he drapes a handkerchief over his wrist' date=' and came to the conclusion that it was to keep his wrist warm so his page turning technique wouldnt suffer.[/quote']

I might ask for a request next time I see him, Perhaps he's just been rejected from the Balaclava kareoke? :p

I've not noticed the hanky before though.

Used to sit outside the St Nick with a practice amp and play reggae tunes with some tapes for sale.

I never did buy one...

I have one of those tapes. He was ace. used to piss off the preachers at christmas by totally drowning them out.

well how about you try then...say you are a buddist or somthing. He isn't hurting anyone' date=' he is a really nice guy, who dosnt try to push his beliefs apon anyone that dosnt want it.[/quote']

I disagree - he clearly took offence to my friend eleanor and told her she was a devil worshipper and was going straight to hell... her crime - walking past him. It was quite impressive watching her rip him to shreds vocally! :)

and he kept trying to give me pamphlets when I had quite clearly told him I wasn't interested...

• 4 weeks later...

there has been a dude playing what lookslike an upturned round bbq that has lots of dents in the square nest to marks n sparks. he just slaps the dents n it makes harmonious percussioney tunes. i wanna know what its called, i gave him a quid, the nmost ive ever given a busker!

this thread has given me a few laughs, havnt seen the rendom household appliances man for a while, but i did buy a guns n roses 6 ft flag off him once for a pint glass and a quid, lol, a big thanks to the drummonds staff for the pint glass. lol.

Guest pop-notmyface

this guy Steve, who used to go to hazlehead, got run over by a bus at least 3 times, but he's still going strong! mucho respect for him ;)

I disagree - he clearly took offence to my friend eleanor and told her she was a devil worshipper and was going straight to hell... her crime - walking past him. It was quite impressive watching her rip him to shreds vocally! :)

and he kept trying to give me pamphlets when I had quite clearly told him I wasn't interested...

im sure he did :D

take your bullshit stories elsewhere

showphoto.php?photo=9916&cat=500&ppuser=1904

Flash

Ah, that's who Garth is... he has terrified me on several occasions... One night I was in the moorings and he literally grabbed me into a bear hug and kissed my cheek... I had to wriggle out of his clutches and hide behind my boyfriend for the remainder of the night.

I'm sure he meant no harm but it was scary.

That beggar woman who sits by Fopp is the most fucked up looking human being I've ever seen.

Aye, I've always wondered if she's always looked like that, or if she just had some sort of accident or something.

Either way, without meaning to sound harsh, I'm surprised she doesn't just kill herself really. I really can't imagine her ever getting off the streets cos I'm sure I'm not the only one who can barely stand looking at her sometimes. In all seriousness, what are the chances anyone would give her a job looking like that? I'm not saying it's right, but it's just human nature to shirk from deformities.

I can never decide if it's admirable that she carries on, or just plain stupid. Perhaps there should be an appeal to get her off the streets, cos that's the only way it'll happen.

Guest bluesxman
Aye' date=' I've always wondered if she's always looked like that, or if she just had some sort of accident or something.

Either way, without meaning to sound harsh, I'm surprised she doesn't just kill herself really. I really can't imagine her ever getting off the streets cos I'm sure I'm not the only one who can barely stand looking at her sometimes. In all seriousness, what are the chances anyone would give her a job looking like that? I'm not saying it's right, but it's just human nature to shirk from deformities.

I can never decide if it's admirable that she carries on, or just plain stupid. Perhaps there should be an appeal to get her off the streets, cos that's the only way it'll happen.[/quote']

That's pretty cruel man.

But having seen her frequently on my shopping forays into town over the years I would say she is steadily looking worse. She kind of looks like that Simon Weston guy who got badly burned in the Falklands, maybe she was burned at some point???

That beggar woman who sits by Fopp is the most fucked up looking human being I've ever seen.

No man, no no no no no - don't even go there or the political correctness police will hijack the thread again. Scan back about 45 pages to see what I mean. We ended up with a good 6 pages on why it was wrong to comment on this individual. Go there again an some fucker will get the thread locked for sure :(

Ah' date=' that's who Garth is... he has terrified me on several occasions... One night I was in the moorings and he literally grabbed me into a bear hug and kissed my cheek... I had to wriggle out of his clutches and hide behind my boyfriend for the remainder of the night.

I'm sure he meant no harm but it was scary.[/quote']

At closing time on Friday night a very minging Garth cornered DJ Jimsin after his set. For some reason Jimsin felt compelled to engage in polite conversation about the profits of Megabus (Garth has Ceefax now and tracks the bus and rail operators shares). So 20 mins later I see that Jimsin is still smiling and politely nodding his head, so I shout from the other end of the bar "Garth give him a cuddle". So Garth makes this big lunge to close the 2 foot gap between himself and Jimsin and Jimsin just goes "NO NO" and runs out the door LMAO!

for your information marrillionboy there is a condition called feotal alcahol syndrome which affects the baby in a variety of ways.it affects how people look their whole life----- look it up. people who judge like this make me sick- we can all admit that certain facial features are less pleasing than others but there is certainly no need to be callous.

Am sure she has done her best despite the start she has had in life. people like you make it all the more difficult for society to move beyond this narrow minded shallowness.

Mention of the Elementz guy earlier in this thread reminds me of another legendary shopkeeper. He ran Adelphi books, a really sweet old guy who I think was a retired lecturer. But students were always warned not to go in there if they were in a hurry as he loved to chatter away. One day I went in with the rudest guy I have ever known and the bloke stood near us, and when my mate went and selected a book he came up and said "hello, oh that's a fine read" so my mate just nodded, put it down and moved elsewhere. This happened about three times until eventually my mate closed a book turned to him and said "look will ya fuck off?"

Hearing this in a silent bookshop still makes me laugh...the poor old bloke scuttled away apologising. You had to be there but it still makes me laugh. Cured in an instant.

Guest bluesxman
Don't think I came across him' date=' I remember Marley man though. Used to sit outside the St Nick with a practice amp and play reggae tunes with some tapes for sale.

I never did buy one...[/quote']

he was called Job, I bought one of his tapes, turned out to be really cheesy full band arrangements of reggae songs. I was hoping it would be the rough and ready stuff he played on the street, it was cool. Think i've still got the tape somewhere.....

there has been a dude playing what lookslike an upturned round bbq that has lots of dents in the square nest to marks n sparks. he just slaps the dents n it makes harmonious percussioney tunes. i wanna know what its called' date=' i gave him a quid, the nmost ive ever given a busker!

this thread has given me a few laughs, havnt seen the rendom household appliances man for a while, but i did buy a guns n roses 6 ft flag off him once for a pint glass and a quid, lol, a big thanks to the drummonds staff for the pint glass. lol.[/quote']

Isn't that a steel drum? :D

• 4 months later...
Does anyone know the scoop with the person that wears a combination of black leather and traditional Scottish dress? This person also has dark hair and a tan. Usually spotted in Union Street? I'm intrigued.

Flash you are not going to believe this. A pal of mine just calledme and said he'd just got speaking to this guy! He is "very spiritual"...

Aye I've seen him aboot

Apparently he is a bit like Rod Stewart- he likes the romance of Scotland and likes to dress in Scottish garb to look Scottish, but is in fact a guffy!.

Now let's get this straight,I do not have a problem with English people, but I do have a problem with English people that dress in Scottish attire and pretend to be something they are not .

It is interesting to note that most deaths by autoasphxyiation in Scotland are carried out by English tae.

I get the feeling that most of them wear kilts because it is the closest thing they can get to wearing a skirt,(BECAUSE THEY ARE CLOSET TRANSVESTITES) and as for choking themselves to death whilst choking their chicken dressed as ladies- HA HA HA -great- BRING ON THE COMEDY DEATHS I need cheered up.

Chicken man may have mental health problems but at least he dresses to be himself,his white and purple dress and beard combination today was quite fetching.