aberdeen-music

Oi Hipster. Excuse me, wtf r u doin?

Teabags

Fuck that video annoyed me.

A) Beacuse the camera man was shit an was more focused on 'the audience's reactions' than filming what she was doing. Surely capturing the performance would be more worthwhile?

FUKIN B) Because this type of expression breeds to ten to the power more self indulgent wank that fills galleries and spurs on the minds of impressionable students who will have nothing more to go on than a piss weak degree that makes you no better than a charlatan. Yes, you can argue that old 'freedom of expression' and 'why shouldn't they be allowed?' 'i bet you play in a fukin band you hypocrite', though i feel this breeds a certain type of arrogance that only meets, when questioned, a pseudo superiority and elitist attitude because you don't get it. Rather than admitting you're 'too stupid' to get it, you put it on in a gallery where everyone else pretends they get it.

It's not that bad. It's slightly repulsive and therefore challenging, bringing up questions about the nature of art, artists and the stage. It pushes consciousness because you have never seen anything like it and are inspired to think about the motives behind the performance and the circumstances that give rise to it.

• Upvote 1

It's not that bad. It's slightly repulsive and therefore challenging, bringing up questions about the nature of art, artists and the stage. It pushes consciousness because you have never seen anything like it and are inspired to think about the motives behind the performance and the circumstances that give rise to it.

I've seen a girl piss on the floor before. She was totally wasted. My mate Dave slipped on it when he walked in with a plate of enchilada's. Great night.

I've seen a girl piss on the floor before. She was totally wasted. My mate Dave slipped on it when he walked in with a plate of enchilada's. Great night.

BUT IS IT ART?

You lot are such cynics. [HALF-SERIOUS]No wonder the art scene is dying here[/HALF-SERIOUS].

So on that note is 2 girls 1 cup art? Cos I'm pretty sure it's just 2 girls eating shit and vomit out of a cup.

Pushing boundaries and asking questions? No. It was pissin in a pan to seem edgy. It was a load of shit.

No, but the point is you reacted to it. And therein lies everything the artist set out to do. It clearly wasn't made for people to 'like', it was made so people would react and make them uncomfortable/question. Seems to have done well!

No, but the point is you reacted to it. And therein lies everything the artist set out to do. It clearly wasn't made for people to 'like', it was made so people would react and make them uncomfortable/question. Seems to have done well!

This comment, that video and everyone in that audience come off as just ridiculously pretentious.

I couldn't care less about the actual 'piece'. That kind of thing has been done before and people will always question whether these things are worthy pieces of art. It's a boring discussion that leads nowhere. Ever.

What I did like were a) the guy at the end when she walks off who gives that awkward look to his mate before clapping enthusiastically and b) YEAH! ....ART!

All this talk of who's a hipster and who isn't and whether it's ok to be one is rubbish. Stereotypes are there to be made fun of... It's funny to rip the piss out of people and whatever social tribe you look like you align yourself with you should be able to take a ripping. Those folk are all hipster twats by association but i'm sure half of them were sat there thinking 'wtf is this shit?... Do I even want to be here?... my knees hurt from sitting down... I'm regretting wearing this itchy argyl sweater but I hope it gets me laid' and are therefore decent people.