aberdeen-music

Oi Hipster. Excuse me, wtf r u doin?

Teabags

This reminds me of one of those shitty accoustic instore gigs at One Up with some of the steaming spaghetti piss local bands and their muppet audience clapping along but despite knowing what they've witnessed is about as talentless and artless as it gets....they still look for approval from their ring leaders before clapping along like trained sea lions...

In fact if that was the statement I would think this video is brilliant....

BUT...this is all deterring from the fact that OP must have been searching youtube for "Vagina Squirting" before finding this horror! :popcorn:

A little pretension hurts nobody.

A lot of pretension can be pretty annoying though. Which is what caused most of the negative opinions in this thread. Cheap pissing gimmick aside, the rest of the everything is shit/boo to consumerism shtick is all a bit whiney-teenager-writing-bad-poetry-about-fucking-the-system. Add the "ART, YEAH!" crowd lapping it up, and trying to make sure they get a shot of her meat wallet with their Lomography cameras and it comes off more than a "little" pretentious.

Also, ewww.

I would say it's much more pretentious to label something 'not art' and refuse to clap, than to be an accepting and accomodating audience.

Isn't it interesting that we have institutions which stage this kind of thing; that we have people who are motivated to perform it? What does it say about society?

I didn't say it wasn't art ... just that it was really bad art.

And I don't find it interesting that Brokencyde are able to perform, and what that says about society so at least I'm consistent in my views.

I've seen a girl piss on the floor before. She was totally wasted. My mate Dave slipped on it when he walked in with a plate of enchilada's. Great night.

This post was incredible, as was the Art Garfunkel one. You can't have rep though. You can't have it. The Hipsters frown upon repping too frequently.

No, but the point is you reacted to it. And therein lies everything the artist set out to do. It clearly wasn't made for people to 'like', it was made so people would react and make them uncomfortable/question. Seems to have done well!
it didn't make me feel uncomfortable. I didnt question why she did it. It just made me think "wow there are some really fucking stupid people in the world"

Interesting you use the term 'it was a load of shit'. The girl in the video says something similar.
so because everything around us is shit, we should answer back by making really shit art performances?

If that's the point, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Because you're saying it's not shit, it's an inspired piece that pushes boundaries.

No. It was a some spaghetti. Piss and period blood.

But people were watching it and we're talking about it. If you're so unaffected why bother making the thread?
I made it so that we could discuss how incredibly fucking stupid everyone involved in the video is.

If her intention was to show the world that she is fucking thick, then hats off. She did a really good job.

People are entirely missing the point, I think. It's so simple: the fact we are discussing it qualifies it as art worth talking about. That's it.

I don't think anyone here is discussing it as art. Filming a grotesque, sub-Jackass stunt and insisting that it make one think about art in new way, merely because it's shocking, is pretentious.