aberdeen-music

Oi Hipster. Excuse me, wtf r u doin?

Teabags

Me like art and often the more challenging the more I like it. Not always and sometimes a can of shit is simply that, or a can of clay... I could also state that I am cool by saying art is shit and wank but if I then play in a band and express myself through said 'art form' then I too am buying into, and choosing, a form of art as expression which in turn validates most other creative processes. Some of the art works being mentioned were, of their time, and therefore frowned upon and ridiculed by the wider public and art world. That was the point! A similar same point to running around a stage, in front of an audience, screaming at the world. From an outside perspective as pointless and ridiculous as smearing oneself with a tomato sauce based tinned product then taking a piss.

There should be someone that decides what is and isn't art. I vote me. Or Hitler.

Hitler tried it but it didn't go down too well. Anyone that says they know best usually fails and anyone that says they're gang is better than someone else's gang usually looks a bit daft as well.

The creative sector in all its glory is a wonderful and mental place full of ego and mentalness only to be encouraged... That's not to say that someone cant look a twat but if kept in context they are only a twat to their own immediate peers... Stick something on the interweb with full Po Face and all its good for is shits and giggles! That there is the risk..

Vote Teabags for world art guru!

* adopts Mr Sewell's plummy tones*

"With his Warholesque use of repetition involving the detritus of advertising, the artist Teabagovski makes a pithy comment both on today's rampant consumerism and the whole 'emperor's new lemmings' maze of contemporary art regurgitation. As the situationist, Justin Timberlake once remarked 'What goes around comes around'. And who would deny the truth of his analysis? "

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...