aberdeen-music

The organising and the playing of Football

Soda Jerk

I actually immediately went to apologise after the slide tackle and he refused my handshake. I explained that I thought I had taken it too far and that I was sorry for that and he sort of sneered at me and made some remark about me "not really meaning it".

Cue me barking back at him that "he shouldnt do it to me unless he can take it back" and "next time you come near me I'll break your fucking back".

Very grown up.

Sorry everyone.

It's just a shame you didn't snap the arsehole.

Sounds like fun!

Whilst you were all chasing a plastic ball and not taking things seriously enough, I was getting to tell folk they ain't getting alcohol to give to their mates. Who had the better night?!

There is a nice satisfaction from telling 18 year old scroats they're still not getting served even with ID though.:up:

My knees are feeling a bit better so hopefully I'll be back soon. I'm glad Guy isn't coming back because I really dislike him quite intensely. The last time we played at ASV he yelled at me twice for not passing the ball to him in the first half, then when I did pass it to him, he lost it and yelled at me for "not fucking shouting him before I passed it to him". Then in the second half when I was in goals he shouted at me every time I kicked the ball out because my distribution was poor, if I didn't give it to him he shouted at me and if I did, he shouted at me because the pass wasn't accurate enough or some shit. Actually made me afraid to get the ball. As I said at the time, I was close to kicking the ball off the back of his fucking head. Then at the end of the match he refused to shake my hand. Terrible attitude on that guy, and I'll already decided I wasn't coming back if he was playing. He should go and play for Man United, or someone else who are up to his standards.

Guest Gladstone

I didn't even think he was that good. What a tit.

He was a decent player, but nowhere near the best player on the pitch in the game I played in. I'd have easily said James, Nev and that dude Dmitri were better than him, and probably one or two others but I can't remember now.

I did slap him in the face by accident though, which was quite funny. He blindsided me in a 50/50 and when I turned I caught him right in the face. I went to apologise but he just kind of sneered at me - even though it was his fault.

Cock.

He doesn't seem to understand it's meant to be a laugh, and a fair proportion of the attendees are unfit, weezing 20-somethings or aren't good at football but just fancy a kick about.

He wasn't that good either. He made some howlers, getting caught in posession and such. Which is fine, because its just a friendly game. But then he started yelling at other people for not supporting him. Try not doing Cruyff turns in your own third then? You're not Lucio or Nev.

He doesn't seem to understand it's meant to be a laugh, and a fair proportion of the attendees are unfit, weezing 20-somethings or aren't good at football but just fancy a kick about.

I was staying away from this because I thought the standard would be half-decent, but this sounds much more up my street.

I'm not shit at football, but I'm also not good. I am also very unfit. Would I fit in ok?

Guest Gladstone
I was staying away from this because I thought the standard would be half-decent, but this sounds much more up my street.

I'm not shit at football, but I'm also not good. I am also very unfit. Would I fit in ok?

Like a glove.

There tends to be a good ratio of players who are very capable, and toe pokers. Most of the skilled players still seem up for a laugh though, which is good.

Exactly this. I have no real issue with Guy's approach, he's perfectly entitled to take things that seriously. It's the fact that Team Internet aren't there for the same reasons. In a competitive environment I'm sure he has as much fun as we do in a relaxed, un-fit, toe-poking one. If he doesn't get invited back then so be it. I hope he finds people of a similar mindset to play with.

I thought Guy seemed quite pleasant the couple of times I played with him; perhaps a bit too competitive, but then some people are just like that. He must have really kicked off in these last couple of games. And yeah, he's definitely nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. At least he won't be missed though.

When's the next game planned for then? I won't be able to make this upcoming Friday and potentially not the following either, but I really, really want to play again soon.

He wasn't that good either. He made some howlers, getting caught in posession and such. Which is fine, because its just a friendly game. But then he started yelling at other people for not supporting him. Try not doing Cruyff turns in your own third then? You're not Lucio or Nev.

His attitude is very poor. Scootray and I have been playing with him for years, but it's only in the past 12 months or so that he seems to have turn so overly-competitive. You can't come down to a casual kick-about and shout, bawl, and swear when things don't go your way, and you can't stand back and call a bunch of people you've never met "cunts" either. Bang out of order. He was thrown out of my Sunday league team for his attitude and he does upset a lot of people. It's pretty ridiculous, really, as he's not that good a player. I'd easily have Woods, Dmitrijs, both Calums, Nev, James, Matthew, and countless more over him.

The annoying thing is that he's actually a decent chap off the football pitch, there's just something about being on a football pitch that turns him into a raving arsehole. I have no desire to play football with him ever again.

Yeah, definitely. Some players are better than others but nobody's supremely good and fitness levels aren't too high. Everyone's always up for a laugh and I often enjoy our two-hour ASV games more than a lot of competitive games I play. It's right good.