aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gladstone
It's all about 'chest-bollocks' or 'dodes'.

'Paps' is still a favoured word of mine, though.

Heedlumps is definitely the best.

As in "she hid a fair set o heedlumps"

For tiny breasts - "lungwarts"

Come to think of it..........o_O

Not today, but 3 somethings I learned recently....

1 Viking longboats sneaked up the mouth of the Denburn and the crews massacred a lot of Aberdonians

2 Shakespeare possibly acted in Aberdeen

3 German submarines staked out Aberdeen Harbour in the first world war, and sank a ship within sight of the shore (c.500 folk killed)

I don't remember that show at all. I was just a nipper when it ended in 1983 like, so if it wasn't shown on repeats later in the 80s I wouldn't remember it.

Was shown on repeats in the late 80s, used to watch it while getting ready for school.

About 8.30 in the morning circa 1987 on BBC1.

Good work. No memory of that whatsoever. Mind you in 1988 I was probably watching Thundercats or He-Man or something on BBC2 at that time.

I was into all that shit too but this was Monday to Friday at 8.30 am so they didn't show stuff like that then. You were probably off to school, but I only lived about 100 yards from my primary so could saunter over at 8.55.

I was into all that shit too but this was Monday to Friday at 8.30 am so they didn't show stuff like that then. You were probably off to school, but I only lived about 100 yards from my primary so could saunter over at 8.55.

Til the restraining order.

zzziiing!

'Paps' as a name given to breasts comes from the latin word 'papilla' and was commonly used in the 15th century. I assumed it was a modern nickname in the vein of 'funbags' or 'chebs'.

It's also a Scottish (and Irish) word for hills.

These beauties are the Paps of Jura.

paps-of-jura08.jpg

Phwoar.