aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Totally understand that viewpoint but by making the payoff it cast doubt whereas true innocence could have been proven and the results through evidence would have made things more clear cut.

I may buy that book actually would be an interesting read...

It's a really good book, it goes into great detail about his childhood, his plastic surgery and the abuse charges, his relationships etc. A very interesting read. I would give you my copy when we meet up to swap those CDs but I think I want to read it again.

I wonder if any of the questions around MJ will be clarified now that he is dead...i.e. face/skin/peado accusations etc

I watched a program on his assets which was really interesting, finding things like bleach for skin etc...it just threw up quite a few questions?

According to the book above, at the time he started getting surgery, in the early 80s, he was infatuated with Diana Ross. He was friends were her but had a sort of childlike infatuation, he followed her around everywhere like a lost puppy, even when she just went to the next room to get a drink he'd follow her. It was at this time he got his cheekbones raised, his nose thinned and his eyes re-shaped to look more "doe-eyed", which was all the same as Diana's and he actually began to physically resemble Diana Ross. The hypothesis being that he was so obsessed with her and her beauty that he wanted to look more like her.

Before:

File0098a.jpg

After:

mj-diana3.jpg

His face is a lot thinner as well but that could probably be down to weight loss, he lost a shitload of weight at that stage so he could thin down to do all those crazy dance routines. He ended up with an eating disorder because of it.

Guest idol_wild
Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK770i/R8BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

With all the technology we have in the world these days, why can't they make a fake tan that's actually the colour of a sun tan and not the colour of carrot juice?

So we can all point and laugh at those who are vain enough to fake tan themselves.

i've been told you can't put cans of things in the fridge, not that i would anyway. now, i heard that it was because the tin may transfer to the cans contents, and be very bad for you. but then why is it acceptable to put tin foil over things and then put them in?

If you hang upside down, the blood rushes to your head and you turn purple. When I'm stood normally, why doesn't the blood rush to my feet, giving me purple feet?

Is that not because your heart is closer to your head than feet and there are less organs between heart and head than heart and feet.

Bit of a transformer 2 spoiler question...or two

why do autobots hide in amongst earth disguised as machines and cars etc......when one of them can quite easily replicate skin and disguise as a human?

Also why does it take them so long to transform from car to bot and yet 2 seconds to transform back again?