aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I'd imagine the Dons fans were doing the usual "Nacho Novo, Fucking Homo" chant for the entire time he was on, and throwing all sorts of other abuse at him and the other huns for the entire game. But he flashes his arse at the coppers, and all of a sudden they're all upstanding citizens with the highest of morals. Give me a break.

As all football fans do...not just Dons fans.

It's about consistency. Lee Miller was fined for baring his arse to United fans, Novo should be fined also.

Bear in mind that Novo was also giving the middle finger to the Dick Donald stand as he left the pitch.

On a side note, the referee in the United/Motherwell game was unbelievably bad.

Guest Gladstone
As all football fans do...not just Dons fans.

Aye - it wasn't a dig at Dons fans, but at football fans in general.

I hate the way football fans get so outraged when a player reacts, by giving them the fingers or something similar.

There's massive proportion of fans at a game who wouldn't think twice of shouting obscenities at players, and shouting things you wouldn't get away with in everyday life. I do it too, almost everyone does. But if I was giving dog's abuse to say Novo, and he turned around and shouted something back or gave me the two finger salute, I wouldn't want him charged, and I certainly wouldn't run to the police/stewards like a big girl.

I remember seeing a youtube video from the Huns crowd of that incident where Boruc crossed himself. It was posted as "proof" that Boruc had incited the crowd, but it all it proved was that the Rangers fans were a bunch of fucking idiots. I'm sure Boruc was intending to wind them up, but the reaction was unbelievable. They genuinely wanted to rip his head off and shit down his throat for crossing himself - something that their ex-captain used to do every game.

I can't think of Celtic fan-related incident that's simlar, but I'm sure there are plenty (just to show that I'm not trying to claim that Celtic fans are untouchable or anything...)

It will never change - it's just how it is.

As much as the fans are shouting obscenities and Christ I was full of hate on Saturday as much as the next guy; players have it slightly different. They're supposed to set an example and not throw coal on an already pretty heated atmosphere.

Although, that said I'd love it if a Dons player had given Rangers fans the finger...so I guess I don't really have a point to argue. :)

awaiting news of Chester City since we're supposed to be playing them tomorrow night as they might fold today. Really hope not, I hate seeing clubs fold but given the weather forecast for tomorrow I might welcome not having to stand outside the Abbey for a couple of hours selling programmes before the game!

A local club Kings Lynn folded last week which was really sad they had been in business for 130 years. When is more going to be done for smaller clubs???? Kings Lynn owed 65 grand, not a hell of a lot in the general scheme of things but enough to put them out of business. Still they got good support for that level and I would imagine a new club will be formed by the supporters.

BBC Sport - Football - Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place

Piss. Off.

I'm going to write a letter to Sepp asking if Scotland can please get an extra place at the World Cup, because we were a bit rubbish in qualifying but really we deserve to be there.

While I'm at it, I'm going to write to the SFA and ask them if we can replay the 2004 Scottish Cup Final, with the Pars 1-0 up, just before the point that Badle handballed it in the lead-up to the equaliser. It's only fair.

BBC Sport - Football - Republic of Ireland ask for extra 2010 World Cup place

Piss. Off.

I'm going to write a letter to Sepp asking if Scotland can please get an extra place at the World Cup, because we were a bit rubbish in qualifying but really we deserve to be there.

While I'm at it, I'm going to write to the SFA and ask them if we can replay the 2004 Scottish Cup Final, with the Pars 1-0 up, just before the point that Badle handballed it in the lead-up to the equaliser. It's only fair.

good point and whilst we're at it I'd like to be awarded the game cambridge played against weymouth last season, we were 2-1 up and cruising and were denied a stone wall penalty when one of their players handballed on the line. he should have been sent off and they were already down to 10 men so should have been down to 9. had we won that game, we would have gained automatic promotion to the football league, it finished 2-2.

Guest Gladstone

I heard on the radio this morning that Bono has waded into the Ireland for the World Cup campaign. He thinks that it's an opportunity for Fifa to demonstrate they are a fair organisation and all that bollocks.

How fucking stupid are these people? Don't they realise that everything will be mapped out for a 32 team World Cup and that bringing an extra team would fuck it all up? Not to mention all the other teams who lost a point here and there along the way in their campaigns because of a dubious decision. It's football. It happens. Wise the fuck up. And Bono?? What the fuck has it got to do with you?? Fuck off.

I have so much hatred for Bono it's unreal. He is just a total prick.

To be fair he was asked about it at a charity thing for AIDS that Didier Drogba was at too - should definitely try and find it on YouTube if possible because Drogba's face is great when Bono is talking (they're standing beside each other during the interview).

• Upvote 1

I have so much hatred for Bono it's unreal. He is just a total prick.

His PR people have neglected their thinking caps this year. Turning up at a Conservative Party Conference? Check. Playing behind a big wall in Berlin? Check. Making ridiculous claims about Ireland's right to be in the World Cup? Check.

He's just a minefield of bad press. I half expect him to turn up at Battersea Dog Home with an AK-47 before the year's out, under the advice of his management, to make him seem edgy.

Bono doesn't need to look edgy, he has The Edge for that.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah.

Now there's talk of FIFA handing Henry some sort of a ban, I hope that doesn't happen - it'd make a mockery of the system and set a dangerous precedent that they'd have no chance of following up on in the long term. Are they going to give Maradona a retrospective touchline ban for 1986 now?

• Upvote 1

There's a funny fake news story in this month's Viz, which is about Bono joining an appeal to get people to use two staples instead of one, to stop staples from going extinct since nobody uses paper anymore. The headline?

"Use-2, pleads U2 Bell-End"

I fucking love Viz. Mike Ashley comes in for a slagging from Sid The Sexist this month as well.