aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest Gladstone
Half Danish half Weegie. Danes seem to be like accent leeches. Remember Peter Schmeichel's accent? You would have sworn he grew up in Oldham or Stockport, or somewhere shit.

Morton Weighorst was the same. I watched a documentary about his recovery from that brain condition he got (forget what it's called). He sounded far more weegie than Danish.

Fond memories of Weighorst, he was a great footballer. Remember when Celtic routed Aberdeen about 7-0, and Weighorst set up one of the goals with one of those wrapped his right foot round his left leg before crossing it thingies. He also stepped up for his country and intentionally passed the ball past the post from a penalty because he (and his teammates) realised the referee had made a wrong shout giving them the penalty. That's honourable.

EDIT: Fail on my part for not reading one post below yours before posting this...

Kris Boyd: Rangers have a chance in Champions League | Football | STV Sport

"Kris Boyd says Rangers have got a real chance of success after dodging the Champions League big boys."

nelson-haha-0.preview.gif

A word of warning: a Google image search for "haha nelson" is not advised at work or otherwise with safe search turned off.

I still did it though didn't I! Am I gay now?

I just did it as well. Even after I knew it was going to be something gay. Am I a chutney-ferret?

Guest Gladstone
I just did it as well. Even after I knew it was going to be something gay. Am I a chutney-ferret?

If you couple that with your affinity with clutch bags, you're undoubtedly a bit on the gay side.

Guest Gladstone
As much as I hate that fucking diving wanky cumsponge, and as shitty shite as I think he is at football, that RIGHT BASTARD Ngog just keeps on scoring. Topsy turvy world.

What a daft name too. I've heard commentators say it as en-go, en-gog, knee-gog, gog and nnnnnnnnnnngog.

I think everyone should just call him "Mmmbop"

According to our official site, we have the 3rd best defence in England.

How the fuck did that happen?

According to Opta stats Lucas is the third best tackler in the premier league.

Stats are like mini-skirts... or something like that.

Newcastle have been great this season from what I can gather. Not so much technically but in other areas, the things you need to be contenders. This championship season might have been a blessing in disguise. I've no doubt they'll go up.

Guest idol_wild
he's no Peter Ndlovu. Now that was a name.

That reminds me of Ray Stubbs guesting on Fantasy Football League and singing a smooth ballad about Peter Uuuundloooove.

I fucking loved that show.

According to Opta stats Lucas is the third best tackler in the premier league.

Stats are like mini-skirts... or something like that.

Newcastle have been great this season from what I can gather. Not so much technically but in other areas, the things you need to be contenders. This championship season might have been a blessing in disguise. I've no doubt they'll go up.

We're kind of playing like a Big Sam team at the moment (quite ironic when you think about it). The team is incredibly organised and we keep our shape very well. We're very direct and not pleasing on the eye at all, but we get shit done. There aren't many teams in the league that can cope with our raw graft; all we're really missing is a midfielder with a decent range of passing. We play as a very tight, compact unit now that we've shed the wasters from the dressing room, which is something I've not been able to say about Newcaste United in years. Even when the opposition seems to have the upper-hand in games we do a good job of containing them, and we never really look like losing our composure. It's quite refreshing.

I give Hughton credit for all of the above, but I'd still like to see a little more tactical nous from the guy. He's just a coach, I can appreciate that, but if we get back up then we're definitely going to need someone with some more tactical knowledge to assist him, because some of his choices are baffling at times. Still, he seems like a good bloke and he doesn't consider Nicky Butt as an automatic starter. Great success.

My biggest fear is that we go up and Fat Ash decides he wants to sell-up again, resulting in another long, drawn-out, and unproductive summer. That'll see us go down again.

Taking into account the fact that you've had injuries, few signings and a lot of outgoings, that he's managed to piece together a maleable squad is in itself incredible. Like you say, Butt isnt a guarenteed starter and thats a testament to the job he's done: he's not bound by the top earners/most experienced, everyone is pulling their weight by the sounds of it.

Guest Gladstone

BBC Sport - Football - John Hartson planning Lance Armstrong visit

Sounds like Hartson's doing well. Fingers crossed that scan's good news :up:

I fucking love Hartson, he was great for Celtic. Sometimes you looked at him on the pitch and he looked a right fat lazy bastard, and then he'd get the ball run about 5 yards and smack it in the net. What a hero.

Remember his goal against Liverpool? Fucking stick that up you scowsers. On your own patch too.

Not forgetting the best volley of his career....

Eyal Berkovic's coupon on the West Ham training ground. Brutal as fuck.

We're not even a shadow of the team of 2003 these days. Hartson, Sutton and Larsson. If you combined the talents of all the strikers in our current squad, it still wouldn't add up to just one of those three. Fortune cost us 3million. Larsson cost 650,000. Fuck. Sake.

United game last night was possibly the worst televised football match I've ever seen. Why did ITV opt for it? I'm all for clubs bringing in some youth players for technically meaningless games, but practically a whole second string side in a competition like the Champions League is just a bit rank. Poor show.

I can see what Fergie sees in Darron Gibson mind. He likes a long range shot from time to time, and he can't tackle for shit, with the possibility of ending a career or two. Does he 'gingerly' remind you of anyone?