aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I hope all this Ireland lark has distracted Keano from the Fizzy Pop league just a little bit. If so - Wednesday are going to stuff Town tomorrow. It's on the box and everything, so get it watched.

If Frankie Simek isn't back in at Right Back, then I'll... well, I don't know what I'll do, but Buxton can get fucked.

If we can't beat Ipswich, who can't even buy a win at the moment, then there's no hope for us. Tudgay will be off to whoever gets promoted to the PL, and we'll still be stuck with Laws who we can't afford to sack. Our very own Rafa Benitez.

Is it a 17:30 job? I love having these games on the telly just as I'm getting in from work. The Championship is mint.

It's a 17.20 kick off. Bit o' class.

We're at home to Forest tomorrow. It would be nice if we scored a goal, it's been a while since we last managed it. We have the mighty Dave Kitson available to us up front now, should help with that.

A good ex cambridge boy is kitson, though shocking the stupendously low fee (hundred grand i think) with no sell on clauses we sold him to Reading for! He's more championship than Premier League I think and will do well for boro. Hasnt really happened for him Stoke.

We've got Preston on Monday. Clean bill of health apart from Barton (who's been bolocks anyway) and Shola (back in training on Monday, yay). It's only telly, so if the current trend continues, we'll play like absolute murder and scrape a 1-0. Don't fancy Coloccini versus Jon Parkin though.

Didn't take his shirt off according to the radio, just lifted it up to his chest. I'm not sure that warrants a yellow card.

If true, I still have very little sympathy....it's a stupid rule, administered by even stupider referees, but all the players know that taking the shirt off is an automatic booking.

Why would you even risk flashing your chest? What does getting naked have to do with celebrating a goal anyway? It's fucking ridiculous.

If true, I still have very little sympathy....it's a stupid rule, administered by even stupider referees, but all the players know that taking the shirt off is an automatic booking.

Why would you even risk flashing your chest? What does getting naked have to do with celebrating a goal anyway? It's fucking ridiculous.

Aye you're right. Same thing happened to Barry Nic when he was up here, heat of the moment after scoring. Silly rule.

Alan Green is such a cunt. I hate him, listening to him on the radio gives me such outrage. He is a total moron. He made a comment earlier that Henry should get a smack in the mouth, when someone tried to call him out on saying such a thing on the radio his retort was shouting GO AWAY louder and louder until his producers cut the caller off. Total prick. Hate him. Liverpool loving scum.

Guest idol_wild
Alan Green is such a cunt. I hate him, listening to him on the radio gives me such outrage. He is a total moron. He made a comment earlier that Henry should get a smack in the mouth, when someone tried to call him out on saying such a thing on the radio his retort was shouting GO AWAY louder and louder until his producers cut the caller off. Total prick. Hate him. Liverpool loving scum.

Yeah, he's a total fart tits. He seems to think that he's really authorative and that his outlandish opinions are factual, but they're frequently way off the mark. I love listening to Radio Five Live, but as soon as his annoying voice comes on during 606, I switch the radio off.

Jim Traynor is just as fucking bad, but Scottish football is utter mince so I pay little attention to the radio coverage.

Ah, I was wondering why there was so much Man Utd hate from Green when I was listening to the United/Spurs game a couple of months back. Never knew he was a Liverpool man. It all makes sense now. He's a wank. He's like Lawro, if Lawro has no tact whatsoever. Even Lawro knows when to be just a tiny little bit diplomatic.

Didn't take his shirt off according to the radio, just lifted it up to his chest. I'm not sure that warrants a yellow card.

From "FIFA Laws of the Game 2009/2010", LAW 12 FOULS AND MISCONDUCT:

Celebration of a goal

While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive.

Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive time-wasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player must be cautioned if:

in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory

he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored

he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt

he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

High drama at Kenilworth Road yesterday as Cambridge pluck a 2-2 draw out of nothing against one of the pre season favourites for automatic promotion Luton Town. Having been battered for 80 mins and deservedly two behind, Martin Ling brings on misfiring striker Danny Crowe who quickly makes an impact by actually scoring an important goal (his two in a 7-0 thumping of forest green rovers hardly count as they came when the game was well won!). Then we get a penalty and Chris Holyrod, top scorer in the conference, chooses not the best time to miss his first one of the season! Then deep into stoppage time, incredibly another penalty for united. Holyrod shuns responsibilty, Crow takes it and scores thus reminding us whilst he misses more easy chances than scores he's become a bit of a cult figure at the abbey. so happy with that result!!!

great bit of Alan Green bashing, the man is a tube and should be sent to local radio immediately! actually make that community radio... in new zealand. fucking wanker!

From "FIFA Laws of the Game 2009/2010", LAW 12 FOULS AND MISCONDUCT:

Celebration of a goal

While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive.

Reasonable celebrations are allowed, but the practice of choreographed celebrations is not to be encouraged when it results in excessive time-wasting and referees are instructed to intervene in such cases.

A player must be cautioned if:

in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative, derisory or inflammatory

he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored

he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt

he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

A bloke at my work is a referee supervisor so he attends games and assesses the performance of the referee. It is always interesting hearing his side of the story in terms of refereeing decisions and my understanding of the rules and the job of the ref has greatly improved as a result. In the case of McDonald he has broken the rules (as mentioned above) so the ref may not have had any choice but to book him. He does have the opportunity to use some discretion and common sense (and this is maybe an instance where he could have used it) but ultimately the ref's hands are tied by the rules. If he gets a decision like this wrong the supervisor will note it in his report, the SFA then call them to task for not doing their job and they end up missing out on the big games.