aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

McGuire wanted a short-term deal because he is moving to the States next month in some kind of coaching role I think.

His agent is mates with the Formartine chairman (or something) and they've received a pretty large investment sum from an Arab businessman (not a joke) so he'll be picking up a fairly decent wage on a contract term that suits him.

Just read the Huns are contemplating two up front in Europe.

Surely Walter Smith will break out in a cold sweat at the thought 5 minutes before kick off and change his mind, and put his best goal scorer on the bench, and play Kenny Miller up front himself...?

Stuttgart are doing horrible right now, so Rangers might have a good chance of nicking a win, as horrible as that is to say. Then it'll be Rangers in the Europa, and back to back legs of flat back tens, and reports of hooliganism every Thursday night. Sensational television.

Fingers crossed Stuttgart bury them by many goals and Rangers get banned from Europe forever, just because.

Guest Gladstone
McGuire wanted a short-term deal because he is moving to the States next month in some kind of coaching role I think.

His agent is mates with the Formartine chairman (or something) and they've received a pretty large investment sum from an Arab businessman (not a joke) so he'll be picking up a fairly decent wage on a contract term that suits him.

I'd forgotten about the investment in Formartine. My Dad (here's my claim to fame...) holds the record for most appearances in Formartine's history and was a guest of honour at the opening home match this season. He was telling me some of the stuff that was going to happen, which seemed to impress him - helicopter dropping off the match ball into the centre spot before the match etc - just sounded like they were being a bit silly with their cash. Fuck knows how much that helicopter shenanigans would have cost, but surely it could have been better spent elsewhere??

The latest Carragher stuff is a bit of a laugh. He's basically saying it's no big deal if Liverpool don't qualify for the CL knockouts, because they can fall back on the Europa League. I don't think he quite understands the ridiculous money that is involved with qualifying for the knockout stages, and when the club in question is in a situation as difficult as Liverpool's then there are going to be big consequences reaped next summer if they fail. There's no way they'll be in a position to turn down offers for Mascherano or Torres then.

Not sure who'd want to take a risk on Torres though. He's becoming as fragile as Saha. He does look a bit girly afterall.

In other news, I heard Alan Smith talk for the first time last night. Where is that voice coming from? He sounds like Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Alan Smith is more Big Boss Man than Stone Cold Steve Austin. He's still awesome though, I had a similar wtf moment when I first heard him interviewed back in his Leeds days.

Carragher doesn't know anything about anything.

Even if Liverpool do end up in the Europa League there's no guarantee that they'll win it with either Barcelona or Inter likely to join them in the knockout stages.

That's some quality insider info.

Why would anyone invest in Formartine? Surely there's no business opportunity there.

That Jonas fella is like Newcastle's very own Nani.

Go on, cross it. No? Okay, cross it now? Okay, you didn't cross it. You could cross it now, but they've got everyone back now. Just lob it in anyway, you plum. Oh, another Cruyff-Turn. Not a cross, but that's okay, you've still got the ball, but you're trapped in a triangle of Preston players. Bang it off one of their legs for a corner. Or you could try and take on 3 players... and you're on your arse.

Repeat times a million.

He's absolutely shocking, and before we signed Pancake he was the only natural winger in the senior squad. Piss-fucking-poor. And this guy's a first-choice pick for Argentina too...

We were totally shocking last night but still managed to pick up the victory. That's the difference between this season and last - even when we played bad, we've still got a chance of winning. Hope we can keep it up into the New Year.

I really don't blame him, with the lack of resources and seeing all his best players walk out, but I really heoped he'd stick at it and hopefully turn things around with a bit of business in January. he seems like a good manager, and he really can't be blamed for Portsmouth propping up the rest of the league.

I blame Harry, that fucking cunt.

Alan Smith is more Big Boss Man than Stone Cold Steve Austin. He's still awesome though, I had a similar wtf moment when I first heard him interviewed back in his Leeds days.

Carragher doesn't know anything about anything.

Even if Liverpool do end up in the Europa League there's no guarantee that they'll win it with either Barcelona or Inter likely to join them in the knockout stages.

Smith's been our best player this season. What a guy.

Have you heard Peter Lovenkrands talk? Now that's a fucked up accent.

This made me chuckle, someone revised a bit of Thierry Henry's Wikipedia page, thanks to Mr Stephen Fry for posting the link via twitter. it's probably been taken down now so shall just copied the funny bit!

Thierry Le Cunt Henry (French pronunciation: [tj??i ????i]; born 17 August 1977) is a French cunt footballer who plays for Spanish La Liga club Barcelona and the cunting French national team, predominantly as a cunt.

Henry was born a cunt and remains a cunt, Essonnea suburb of Pariswhere he played for an array of local sides as a cunt and showed great promise as a cunt. He was spotted by AS Monaco in 1990 and signed instantly, making his professional debut in 1994. Good form led to an international call-up in 1998, after which he signed for the Serie A defending champions Juventus. He had a disappointing season playing on the wing, before joining Arsenal for 10.5 million in 1999; the cunt.

It was at Arsenal that Henry made his name as a cunt. Despite initially struggling in the Premier League, he emerged as Arsenal's top cunt for almost every season of his tenure there. Under long-time mentor and coach Arsne Wenger, Henry became a prolific cunt and Arsenal's all-time leading cunt with 226 goals in all competitions. The cunt won two league titles and three FA Cups with the Gunners; he was twice nominated for the FIFA World Cunt of the Year, was named the PFA Players' Cunt of the Year twice, and the Football Writers' Association Cunt of the Cunts three times. Henry spent his final two seasons with Arsenal as club captain, leading them to the UEFA Champions League final in 2006. In June 2007, after eight years with Arsenal, he transferred to Barcelona for a fee of 24 million. His first honours with the Catalan club came in 200809 when they won the league, cup and Champions League treble; the cunt.

Henry has enjoyed similar success with the French national squad, having won the 1998 FIFA World Cup and Euro 2000. In October 2007, he surpassed Michel Platini's record to become France's top cunt of all time. Off the pitch, as a result of his own experience, Henry is an active cunt against decency and fairness and honour. His footballing style and personality have ensured that he is one of the most commercially marketable cunts in the world; he has been featured in advertisements for Nike, Reebok, Renault, Pepsi and Gillette.

Fuck me, that was brilliant. Points for you unless I have to slut around a bit more...

:up:

EDIT - I don't...

:up:

I've always liked Alan Smith. He's fully done a bit of a Paul Scholes by going further and further back in the formation, except Smith can actually tackle.

My favourite moment of Alan Smith's career is when he completely shat all over Leeds United, after local news, Look North, were playing videos of him as a young lad, saying he was Leeds United for life. Could he have picked a worse team to make him the most hated played in Leeds' history? Fantastic.

Half Danish half Weegie. Danes seem to be like accent leeches. Remember Peter Schmeichel's accent? You would have sworn he grew up in Oldham or Stockport, or somewhere shit.

Oldham's ace. It used to have the biggest Woolworths I've ever seen. It obviously doesn't now.

I once saw a fight there too, between a MOSHER and a CHAV. God, that was so fucking good.

He's absolutely shocking, and before we signed Pancake he was the only natural winger in the senior squad. Piss-fucking-poor. And this guy's a first-choice pick for Argentina too...

We were totally shocking last night but still managed to pick up the victory. That's the difference between this season and last - even when we played bad, we've still got a chance of winning. Hope we can keep it up into the New Year.

Hopefully we'll strengthen in January. Jermaine Beckford would be good. I was working last night, how was Harewood?

Wirelessly posted (LG-GC900/V10a Obigo/WAP2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I don't believe Rafa is even Spanish. He doesn't look Spanish enough to be Spanish.

Some interesting facts. Before tonight Kris Boyd had never started a match for Rangers in the Champion's League. In fact before tonight he'd only ever played 50 minutes in the Champion's League.