aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

bloody typical football at the abbey yesterday - we literally battered york for 90 minutes gave away a wonder goal then a soft penalty and could only pull one back. One of those frustrating days where nothing would go in and what looked like a perfectly good goal chalked off in the last minute. gutted we're not in the 3rd round draw today. and then ITV have the cheek to show york's only attempt on goal during the second half on the highlights show last night.

then i go to our messageboard and some numpties are calling for Martin's Ling's head and they weren't even at the bloody game. twats, what is it with a lot of football fans? thats why i like this thread as the majority of folk on her are good fans who know their stuff.

feel better now, football what a frustrating game at times!

then i go to our messageboard and some numpties are calling for Martin's Ling's head and they weren't even at the bloody game. twats, what is it with a lot of football fans?

I've been checking out the man city forum fairly regularly this season, just out of interest really. A mid table club gone huge makes for some good reading although It is almost enough to put you off football all together at times... A constant battle between the sensible fans who are just pleased to not be in the same position as they were last season and the idiots who call for heads if they don't win five-nil. There's some awful drivel getting spouted, a million times worse than the lower league forums so just hope Cambridge don't get a sudden cash injection or you'll get even more frustrated.

Every club has a sizeable sect of idiots in their fanbase. With Newcastle, contrary to this strange common belief that we're all incredibly deluded and think we should be a top four club, we have some ridiculously negative fans who do nowt but piss and moan even though we're top of the league and playing well. They're just as bad as the kneejerk fucks who'll call for a manager's head after a couple of shoddy results. Yesterday, for example, I log on to a Newcastle forum I post on and most people are chuffed about trouncing one of the league's best teams 3-0, but oh no, some cunts are just never happy. "It wasn't five!", "We'll never get promoted playing like that!", "Jonas was shite!", "Hughton's tactics were wrong!", "We switched off in the second half" WAH WAH WAH WAH! We just won 3-0 man, shut the fuck up or I'm gonna punch you in the throat.

Pffft, bit of a rant. Apologies.

Looking forward to today's football lineup. Merseyside derby, Arsenal/Chelsea, and Barca/Real. Techt.

I went to see my wee brother's game yesterday in Inverurie. He's turned into a right wee aggressive bugger. He's only 15, but he's 6' 1" and a really talented player. Trouble is that he argues all the time with the referee for almost everything, he got a talking to three times in a twenty minute period and is constantly having a go at everyone but himself. He set up two goals and scored one himself.

I bet that his game was as a whole technically more proficient than most games in the SPL. Just wish I could go watch him more often!

Watched the Chelsea match then the first half of El Classico (TM Sky Sports). Some decent football getting played in the latter but got fed up of the constant free kicks and falling about. They go at it at a fair old pace but what's the point if they're just gonna fall over every 2 minutes?! Makes bonnie fitba right boring!

A few observations from the first match...

- Thought it was a good match, nobody on the pitch played badly. Chelsea edged it tactically which made the difference. Pressing when they had to, getting a bit of luck then defending superbly.

- Either Arsenal or Chelsea will win the champs league. They both seem to have hit a cohesive apex that I can see them beating anyone with.

- Bacary Sagna should never be allowed to shoot. Ever.

- Anelka is awesome. Holds up play wonderfully.

- Ivanovic has a huge arse!

- Song is underrated, lovely touch for a big loon and a good eye for a pass. He had to come off coz of the two goals conceded which was a shame.

That will be all.

El Clasico was rubbish, for me. So many fouls and offsides. The game could never really flow and was infuriating for the neutral. I just wanted either one team to grab hold and control the game, or it to be stretched, end-to-end stuff, but it wasn't. Some of the fouling around after slight fouls or the kicking the ball away after an offside made the game feel like a day long.

Then there was the commentator saying how Valdez is one of the best goalkeepers in the world constantly, yet not a single bit of praise for Casillas, who probably actually most definitely is the best goalkeeper in the world.

when cambridge beat forest green 7-0 earlier in the season, a few fans who bought programmes off me were disappointed we didnt get 10!!! honestly, what answer is there to that????

there's some real numpties on our message board at the mo, quite a few of them are not even going to games! I think they want the team to fail so they go boast on the board 'I told you so!'

Same with every club though.

Guest Gladstone

"Police were then seen to confer with one another before a group of Aberdeen fans clamoured for their attention and expressed their anger at the incident."

Football fans can be fucking pathetic sometimes. Nacho Novo is a knob, but mooning a few miserable coppers doesn't warrant "clamouring for the attention of the cops to express anger."

I'd imagine the Dons fans were doing the usual "Nacho Novo, Fucking Homo" chant for the entire time he was on, and throwing all sorts of other abuse at him and the other huns for the entire game. But he flashes his arse at the coppers, and all of a sudden they're all upstanding citizens with the highest of morals. Give me a break.

Guest Gladstone
"Police were then seen to confer with one another before a group of Aberdeen fans clamoured for their attention and expressed their anger at the incident."

Football fans can be fucking pathetic sometimes. Nacho Novo is a knob, but mooning a few miserable coppers doesn't warrant "clamouring for the attention of the cops to express anger."

I'd imagine the Dons fans were doing the usual "Nacho Novo, Fucking Homo" chant for the entire time he was on, and throwing all sorts of other abuse at him and the other huns for the entire game. But he flashes his arse at the coppers, and all of a sudden they're all upstanding citizens with the highest of morals. Give me a break.

I just saw a clip of this on Sky News. Looks like it was filmed from the back of the Dick Donald stand. Novo flashed about half his arse, but fairly slyly. Not one of the Dons fans visible in the clip even reacted. Perhaps the "Aberdeen fas clamouring for the attention" of the coppers was a bit of an exaggeration...

But seriously - I can't believe shit like this gets into the news. As much as I dislike Nacho Novo, this is very very minor. It's up there with Artur Boruc getting absolute pelters for waving at the Hibs fans a couple of seasons ago. People need to chill the fuck out.

Novo should have been locked up for that tackle on Stuart Duff a couple of seasons ago, but kind of mooning at some coppers who it appears were being fairly dickish in the first place, isn't crime of the century.

nail, head etc