aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Dick Campbell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campbell's low-profile playing career was mainly spent in the lower echelons of Scottish football. Having started out with Dundee United's youth system he then played for Cowdenbeath, Dunfermline Athletic, Ross County (then in the Highland League), Brechin City and East Stirlingshire. He then started coaching at Brechin before eventually moving to Dunfermline Athletic to become Bert Paton's assistant. Dick Campbell is a loyalist then later tried to deny it when the video footage tells the truth - scum

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_news/636029/Dick-Campbell-is-caught-on-film-leading-Rangers-fans-in-Loyalist-anthem.html

Oh dear...

It's been a hard few seasons for an ICT fan living in Aberdeen! I've given pelters to Esson, Byrne, Brewster, Duff and Phil McGuire when they were in Dons shirts... only for them all to sign for us soon after:down:

In fairness Esson has been an incredible signing; he'll be snapped up by an SPL team soon. The least said about the rest the better...

I fully expect us to sign the likes of Ricky Foster and Darren Mackie in the near future ;(

You won't be getting Ricky Foster...turning into a solid player and first pick. Will be Aberdeen's next captain I reckon...

He was fully committed to the cause when he was here, but he just wasn't up to scratch with some decisions, and I really don't think he was assertive enough to warrant the respect he required to get us out of such a horrible slump.

It's strange to be sad to see him go, but confident in knowing it's for the best, as he really wasn't going to change anything up, or take any risks.

Coppell or Fergie jr would be terrific, but I can't see it happening. We'll probably get someone lacking in experience, as a promising up and coming talent, which would ironically be the exact opposite to our usual transfer targets.

Actually I hope it's Fergie. Laws was a very likeable man. What the fuck do you want a likeable manager for? You want an absolute bastard that every other team fucking hates. An insufferable shit that moans about everything possible, and gloats in the most undignified ways. Fergie jr would be perfect.

speaking of moaning, I had to chuckle at Sir Alex Snr when he was moaning to the ref about not enough stoppage time at the end of yesterdays defeat against villa!!! silly old fool, he didnt complain when he got fergie time against man city did he? and even funnier was wayne rooney getting booked for diving. I dont hate man u that much but it was quite good seeing villa spank their bottoms... at home!

He was fully committed to the cause when he was here, but he just wasn't up to scratch with some decisions, and I really don't think he was assertive enough to warrant the respect he required to get us out of such a horrible slump.

It's strange to be sad to see him go, but confident in knowing it's for the best, as he really wasn't going to change anything up, or take any risks.

Coppell or Fergie jr would be terrific, but I can't see it happening. We'll probably get someone lacking in experience, as a promising up and coming talent, which would ironically be the exact opposite to our usual transfer targets.

Actually I hope it's Fergie. Laws was a very likeable man. What the fuck do you want a likeable manager for? You want an absolute bastard that every other team fucking hates. An insufferable shit that moans about everything possible, and gloats in the most undignified ways. Fergie jr would be perfect.

*gives Joe Kinnear a call*

speaking of moaning, I had to chuckle at Sir Alex Snr when he was moaning to the ref about not enough stoppage time at the end of yesterdays defeat against villa!!! silly old fool, he didnt complain when he got fergie time against man city did he? and even funnier was wayne rooney getting booked for diving. I dont hate man u that much but it was quite good seeing villa spank their bottoms... at home!

It must be satisfying for Villa to go to OT like they did, barely even touch the ball, or even have any spell of dominance, and still win. If you have over 70% posession and still can't score one goal, then you don't deserve to win anyway. Or even draw.

I did wonder how long it would take you... You thought he was a contender this time round which would never have happened.

Just like Blackburn are/were never going to finish above Citeh this year.

No doubt that he was a contender this time round, hence why he's the current vice-captain.

Blackburn will finish above the Citeh of the summer (remember when the bet was made, pre Tevez, SantaCruz and Adebayor) more than one time in five, hence why it was a good bet. Which is why I'll still be smiling when you've got my munny.

I've had skitters with more braincells than the twats in that pub.

The bunnet is still alive and kicking it seems. :(

Having said that, with the Jags game against Morton being put back to the 4th of Jan for BBC ALBA purposes, the 2nd is clear for the Montrose v Forfar encouter. The abuse from the Dynamo towards that fucking nugget is going to be fantastic.

:up:

Mick Mcarthy has finally gone propah mental. 10 changes to the team that beat spurs! on yerself you madman!

Interview with him this morning said that the Burnley game is his priority, as he considers his side have more chance of beating them, and are positional rivals for the most part, so he's keeping his key players fresh for that.