aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Wednesday are in trouble. Did you know your friend and mine, Brian Laws, is the Championships longest serving manager? I didn't know this til Stelling told me just now. We keep hearing from supporters of other clubs "Oh, but he's doing a good job with no money". Get fucked he is. He is abysmal on the transfer market. Instead of battling for promising youngsters, we get old has-beens for pocket change who are just atrocious. Not only that, but we've loaned out Sodje, and it looks like there's a fat chance of him coming back. 6 Points above 24th, and rarely looking like scoring a goal ever. We've got a good keeper, who has no protection from a terrible defence and a good striker who gets no service from a terrible midfield. We need 9 reasonable players, with no money. Urgh. Depressing times ahead.

City/Chelsea game was great. Chelsea barely got a look in. Couldn't keep the ball at all. Tevez was great, but he makes so many bad decisions. If he was sharper, he'd be the best at what he does.

Mark Hughes is still a prick though. Grabbing hold of Ivanovic as he was rushing to take a throw in, because he didn't think it was a Chelsea throw? What a bastard. Now he's probably going to be a smug bell end in the post match, like he was on Wednesday when his full strength side beat a team of kids. Urgh. Shitbag.

First 40 minutes of 'GLASGOW'S BIG GAME LOL OMGZ!111 etc' was cracking with lots of silky football, crunching challenges, Gary Harkins abuse in the Shed section, and lots of Thistle pressure.

Then Dundee scored against the run of play.

The rest was a slow painful Rudi Koertzen-esque death.

We are not winning the league this year.

:down:

FUCKING GET IT RIGHT UP YOU DROGBA, ANELKA, MOURINHO, WAYNE BRIDGE, RAY WILKINS, I've typed this in caps but it'll be changed, won't it? ROMANOV, SHAUN WRIGHT PHILLIPS, JOE COLE, ASHLEY COLE, CHERYL COLE, CONNON COALS, etc

EDIT: It didn't get changed. Win. Though Neil thought I was tweeting about ladyboys earlier, and I didn't even mention Gaga!

City/Chelsea game was great. Chelsea barely got a look in. Couldn't keep the ball at all. Tevez was great, but he makes so many bad decisions. If he was sharper, he'd be the best at what he does.

Mark Hughes is still a prick though. Grabbing hold of Ivanovic as he was rushing to take a throw in, because he didn't think it was a Chelsea throw? What a bastard. Now he's probably going to be a smug bell end in the post match, like he was on Wednesday when his full strength side beat a team of kids. Urgh. Shitbag.

It really was a great match. It wasn't even as if Chelsea played particularly badly, more that every Man City player went at it 100 percent and did their job perfectly. Even Adebayor looked up for it. De Jong was an absolute hero, proper mentalist with harder tackles than Essien. If he doesn't break someone's leg this season I'll be disapointed. For me the game was probably the most enjoyable this season, was proper entertainment.

Disagree with you about MH. I kinda like the soor puss. Up there with Rafa in the under pressure stakes and so has every right to be smug after a win. Fair enough the Arsenal team wasn't first string but we've already seen those 'kids' turn over top sides in the past with ease yet they were soundly outplayed on wed.

I don't think this will dent the Chelsea machine though. They still look solid under Ancelotti. Great manager.

Just seen Pancake's goal from yesterday for the first time - cracking bit of skill in the box. He could be our lower-level Robert/Ginola for a season. Bringing Nicky Butt off the bench was a bit disappointing as he did his best to keep Watford in the game with his uncanny ability to lose possession, but other than that it was a typical Newcastle performance - get a relatively early goal then contain the opposition for the rest of the game.

Really enjoying this league so far. Of course I'd rather we were in the Premiership, but we've not been a winning team for a long time, and after five years of being absolutely honking it's quite nice to be able to look forward to Saturday afternoons again. Hopefully we can keep this form up and not lose any key players in January.

Coventry next week, let's have the fuckers.

• Upvote 1

It really was a great match. It wasn't even as if Chelsea played particularly badly, more that every Man City player went at it 100 percent and did their job perfectly. Even Adebayor looked up for it. De Jong was an absolute hero, proper mentalist with harder tackles than Essien. If he doesn't break someone's leg this season I'll be disapointed. For me the game was probably the most enjoyable this season, was proper entertainment.

Disagree with you about MH. I kinda like the soor puss. Up there with Rafa in the under pressure stakes and so has every right to be smug after a win. Fair enough the Arsenal team wasn't first string but we've already seen those 'kids' turn over top sides in the past with ease yet they were soundly outplayed on wed.

I don't think this will dent the Chelsea machine though. They still look solid under Ancelotti. Great manager.

I just hate the little things Hughes does. The grabbing of Ivanovic was completely uncalled for, and not what a manager should be doing. It seems to be the case that when Wenger confronted Hughes about coming inside Arsenal's technical area on Wednesday, Hughes called him a "Fucking bastard". Not sure of the truth in that, but it was posted by a chap on the Manc Music forum who works at City. I think some managers have a right to be smug, but Hughes has still got alot to achieve to earn that right I think. Folk like Wenger and Fergie can often be forgiven for being pains in the arse, where as when Hughes does it, he just looks right out of his depth.

Still, that win benefits Man United the most. I wonder how Citeh fans feel about that.

Guest idol_wild

I listened to the Everton vs Spurs on the radio and it sounded well ace. I have a soft spot for Everton so I was delighted when Howard saved that penalty. It's a shame their season has been hit so badly by injuries, but I still feel that Moyes can be a bit more adventurous in his approach to games. He'd probably benefit by at least letting these players getting their chance to express themselves a little more, rather than being forced into a highly tactical game, which I don't feel suits young players until they are a bit more developed both mentally and physically. Once players get back to fitness, Everton will be fine, but their current situation has dictated that they're unlikely to qualify for Europe, which is a pity.

Cool story, bro.

I listened to the Everton vs Spurs on the radio and it sounded well ace. I have a soft spot for Everton so I was delighted when Howard saved that penalty. It's a shame their season has been hit so badly by injuries, but I still feel that Moyes can be a bit more adventurous in his approach to games. He'd probably benefit by at least letting these players getting their chance to express themselves a little more, rather than being forced into a highly tactical game, which I don't feel suits young players until they are a bit more developed both mentally and physically. Once players get back to fitness, Everton will be fine, but their current situation has dictated that they're unlikely to qualify for Europe, which is a pity.

Cool story, bro.

Unless they win the Europa League!

Defoe is a terrible penalty taker. Why did they bring on Hutton? bring on Keane to take the penalty! Not that I mind, because it's Spurs, not holding onto a lead, again. Good to see.