aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

If I could give you fifty-eight rusty sheriff's badges worth of rep for this I totally would. That game really summed up everything that was brilliant about the Keegan era, and Albert's goal remains one of my all-time favourites. I believe we also raped Spurs 7-1 that season. Better days, man. Better days.

I remember Man City coming back from 3-0 against Tottenham a couple of seasons back, with Joey Barton getting sent off before half-time, and then coming back to win 4-3. Absolutely incredible game, featuring one of the best double saves I've ever seen from Arni Arason.

That'll always be the Newcastle I remember and the one all current squads will be compared to in my head. I remember that match so clearly... My parents had just installed sky. Tino hat trick against Barca was another special match from that era, towards the end perhaps. (my Newcastle timeline is a bit wobbly)

Man city v tottenham is a great shout... Jonathan macken was never heard of again. Think he plys his trade for Barnsley nowadays. Am gonna youtube the highlights now.

Brasil/Bebeto for me.

Thinking about it... What the fuck is that all about?! It was sooo important to name yourself for cuppie. Noone wanted to just be themselves.

I was Scott Booth and, latterly, Paolo Maldini. I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea to be Maldini in cuppie.

up and unders off the goal-line ain't gonna get you far in cuppie. It's all about standing in the box, letting the more motivated players battle it out half a mile out, waiting till one finally breaks through to get a shot off, then tapping in the rebound.

SuperPippo Inzaghi must have grown up playing cuppie. Or whatever they call cuppie in Italy. Coppina?

i read the dot com bit as 'furmunch' and i thought for a split second you'd got that off a hairy cunnilingus website.

i suppose funmunch is like eating skittles out a fanny? taste the rainbow indeed.

anyways, the best part about cuppie was shouting out your chosen players name if you scored or everyone getting bored and changing from cuppie to heeders n volleys.

man, i sometimes miss the school playground.

back in toilet land its the FA Trophy tomorrow, home to Luton... all ticket and a 12-30 kick off, jesus I gotta be at the Abbey for 11 o clock to sell programmes. The bloody politically correct old bill insisting making it all ticket and an early kick off. when we played them in the league recently there were a few skirmishes but they've gone way over the top. then they intervened with our home match against oxford, scheduled for the saturday but moved forward to friday night so yours truly has to grapple with rush hour traffic to get their. something about ooh ooh we cant cope with staging a football match on the last shopping saturday before xmas.... jesus h christ you bunch of police poofs sort yerself out!

when I first went to cambridge games we were in the old second division and regularly entertained the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Newcastle with the ground just under capacity every week. Good god in the unlikely event we actually get back in the league, lord knows how cambridgeshire constabulary would ever cope with the likes of Notts County and Grimsby Town these days!!!

Bet we lose anyway, but whose caring? The FA Trophy is the non league equivilant of the Carling Cup.. and having lost twice at wembley in the last 2 seasons we simply dont do wembley!!!!