aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I don't know what it was called in the city but in the Broch it was called limmies. (Basically, x amount of players vs 1 keeper) - in the first round you had to score one goal to qualify, the last person to score was out. Second round, two goals, third round, three goals etc. I was always shit at it.

If no-one has mentioned five and a boot yet (I've not checked back), then let the record show it is the king of all violence based headers and volleys games.

If no-one has mentioned five and a boot yet (I've not checked back), then let the record show it is the king of all violence based headers and volleys games.

We had the same rules but the name was called 5-star for some reason :up:

In other news... Stuart Duff was at ICT stadium today. Not sure why...

Ashton could've been a brilliant player. In terms of playing style, he was the closest thing that England have had to Alan Shearer for ages, and while he would never have been as versatile as Al was circa 1995-97 he could still have developed into an absolute beast. I always thought he'd wind up playing for us at some point, too.

Surely he'd be going to the World Cup, too. By now I reckon he'd have blossomed into a better player than Heskey and Crouch. Him and Rooney up front would've been dynamite.

I think if Ashton had been fit all this time, there probably wouldn't be as much hype surrounding Carlton Cole either, as he would have been stuck in Ashton's shadow the whole time. He just seems to have everything Cole had, and a bit more. Lacked pace, but he could really bully a centre back, and just seemed to be a right place-right time kind of player. He reminded me of a combo of Alan Shearers more direct kind of play, mixed with Ruud Van Nistelrooy's reading of situations, always knowing where to be.

I don't know who Wednesday have got this weekend. I don't even care. Football is shit.

We've got Barnsley away. Apparently we've sold 7,500 away tickets, and their average attendance is 11,000, so there's a very real possibility that our fans could outnumber theirs. Brilliant. But we're still a bunch of deluded plebes who'd rather lose 4-3 than win 1-0, ken?

They could burst our bubble today, to be honest. Someone's gotta do it. We're 8 matches undefeated and we've won 7 on the trot. Their players will be really up for it so I'd go with Shola and Carroll up front, despite Ranger's midweek goal and Lovenkrands' recent good form. Having two big men up top has served us well whenever they've played together, and we can always bring Nile or P-Love on later to switch things around.

We've actually got quite a nice mix of strikers at the moment; I like them all, except Harewood. Carroll is an absolute brute of a target man who's awesome in the air and not too shit with his feet, Lovenkrands' pace is still incredible and he's a good poacher, Ranger is very good at recycling possession in the final third, and Shola is the best striker that Great Britain has ever produced.

I don't know owt about Barnsley other than that Chris Morgan/Ian Hume thing, really. Are they shit? I hope they're shit.

Wasn't there, but all reports of Duff's performance have been positive so far. He played in centre midfield today and linked extremely well with the front line and wide men. I'd rather him playing in the middle ahead of Proctor or Duncan

Aye, was always played out of position under Calderwood and at the start of the season more out of necessity than anything else.

He's a good little player - definitely a central midfielder, very comfortable on the ball and won't hide if he's having a poor game.

Aye, was always played out of position under Calderwood and at the start of the season more out of necessity than anything else.

He's a good little player - definitely a central midfielder, very comfortable on the ball and won't hide if he's having a poor game.

It's been a hard few seasons for an ICT fan living in Aberdeen! I've given pelters to Esson, Byrne, Brewster, Duff and Phil McGuire when they were in Dons shirts... only for them all to sign for us soon after:down:

In fairness Esson has been an incredible signing; he'll be snapped up by an SPL team soon. The least said about the rest the better...

I fully expect us to sign the likes of Ricky Foster and Darren Mackie in the near future ;(

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Did you see alex ferguson shouting 'where the fuck have you got that from?' at the fourth official when he put us the board for 3 minutes of injury time at the end of the game. He is a true gent, of that there can be no doubt.

We're on the telly tomorrow, another home game for us to fail to win. Hurray!

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Did you see alex ferguson shouting 'where the fuck have you got that from?' at the fourth official when he put us the board for 3 minutes of injury time at the end of the game. He is a true gent, of that there can be no doubt.

We're on the telly tomorrow, another home game for us to fail to win. Hurray!

Folk on the Manchester forums were saying "well, there was 5 ingame substitutions and one time where a Villa player needed a bit of treatment. Should have at least been 6 minutes". Bloody hell. By that standard, any game with an actual significant stoppage should run on in to the 100's.

5 or 6 subs and a bit of treatment happens in every game. Lunatics.

Still, it was a frustrating game to watch. It just had the potential of so many goals. Villa left too many men back when they countered, when they could have banged in a few if they brought the midfield up, as they were sending Vidic up for every corner and free kick. United had no final ball, and when they did, Carrick ballooned it. And no one can link up with Rooney like Giggs can. Bringing him off at half time was stupid (considering how shite Park was/always is). Villa lined up like Rangers in Europe in the second half. Not nice to watch, but they were solid at the back.

How about Everton yesterday? Saha is the king.