aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

A 2-0 loss to bottom of the league Portsmouth for Liverpool. Surely it's only a matter of time for good old mental Rafa?

He goes then Torres and masch go too. I reckon that's the only thing keeping him in the job at the moment.

How many times has he said 'the season starts now'? no more excuses left really. Team looked not arsed today.

It would cost just shy of 20million to sack Rafa, compensation and that, which they can't afford. They are stuck with him, until the owners cough up some of this cash from selling their US sports teams, or until Rafa walks on his own accord. But why would he? He'd be a rich man if he stayed and got the boot. Depends on how much dignity he is willing to shed, and how little he cares about seeing his torched car get pushed into the Mersey.

I've been quick to criticise Hughes this season, purely because he's a smug cunt who I just can't put up with, but he hasn't really done anything wrong. He overpaid a bit, but his side are decent, and they've lost very few games, only losing 1 to all of the Top 4, and winning 2. Decent record. Still, I'm glad I don't have to hear him being an arrogant tosser on MOTD for a while.

Good win for Fulham today. Hodgson is the man. Such a gent in interviews as well, no matter what the outcome is. United were awful. Scholes was just fucking dog. Carrick looked strong at the back, but De Laet just isn't ready for regular top flight games yet.

it's official.

I do think it was too big an undertaking for such an inexperienced manager. Even if the results started going his way each week he'd still not look like he's properly in charge of the club like (this is for you Original Spies) your Wengers and your Mourinhos. They embody their clubs and never look as if they're out of control whereas Hughes looks like he's just struggling to keep things from spilling over into mayhem all the time.

I hate Mark Hughes. I think he's a complete bellend of a human being and I'm quite glad I won't have to see him in the media for a while, but this is a head-scratcher. Of course they've been inconsistent - haven't their owners noticed the amount of players they've brought in? There's no way that you can spend that amount of money and just pray that everyone's going to gel immediately. We can say he should've spent a bit more wisely, but how many of those signings where actually his? I still think that they're squad is very top-heavy but I'm pretty certain that board members handled a lot of their transfers.

No skin off my nose, like. Just a bit confused.

I agree. Desirable signings, but not all sensible, but every one is still a player that can be utilised at the top level (Not taking into account their liklihood of wanting to jump ship when they get fed up, Robinho & Adebyor etc...)

They're struggling for wins, but they're also hard to beat. I really can't see them finishing below 6th or 7th come May.

Mark Hughes for Wednesday.

A manager with three Serie A titles, and four Coppa Italia's, and Lawrenson describes him as "inexperienced". What a fucking cocksocket.

As far as the decision goes, I'm not convinced the timing or the appointment is right. With the amount of players new to the club, it was always going to take a period to gel. While we've not picked up enough points lately, 6th in the league with a game in hand at Xmas isn't too far off the goal for the season of top four.

With Mancini coming in, he'll have his own ideas and I fully expect it'll take him a good six months to bed into the English game - making the rest of this season write-off. How much of the 200M spent in thast 18 months will have to be written off?

Annoyingly, at this point I'd normally slate Rocky, but the bastard scored twice today. Fudbracket.

Incidentally, I found this a really interesting read with a lot of valid points: Is Mark Hughes the man to make City a top four team and win trophies? (part one) Blue Days

Mascherano's challenge on Tal Ben Haim today was fucking awful. I can't say I felt any sympathy for him after being red-carded and injured. Peniswrench.

blimey an eventful day in the Premier League! Hughes was on a hiding to nothing and I always got the impression the new bods never wanted him in the first place. Thing is they drew too many games and against some of the relegation fodder such as Burnley and Hull. 200 million is 10 pence to the arabs but you get the impression they want instant success and obviously 6th in the league and a carling cup semi final is nowhere near good enough. I agree though they have just written off the season but had hughes gone and won a cup or finished top 4 then it would have been harder to get rid of him.

However I fear Man City will become like Real Madrid where they just fire managers because they haven't got the right haircut or walk in a funny way. Fun times ahead at Eastlands I feel!