aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Leeds deserved to win. Fergie put out a shit midfield and paid for it. Leeds are still a load of toothless grotty thugs though. Hopefully they'll lose Beckford and Snoddy this week/month, and descend back to the playoff positions, only to be devastated again at the final hurdle.

I can't believe they still resort to the Munich songs, yet they don't take too kindly to Galatasaray chants. Why the heck not? Surely a bit of a transport mishap is just as worthy as your own fans getting cut open by rampant madcap Turks? From working just across the way from Elland Road a few years back, and getting caught in the matchday rush, I can only imagine it happened from their own doing. The lot of them are absolute filth.

Simon Grayson's a top man though. Wouldn't like to see him get chibbed by a Galatasarite.

BBC Sport - Football - English clubs eye Celtic talent

I would be delighted to see the back of Caldwell, not fussed about McManus. I certainly don't want to see McGeady or McDonald leaving though.

We've been linked with Caldwell and Kris Boyd quite a lot over the past couple of months. I wouldn't really want either of them. I'm hoping that talk of Michael Chopra coming back is more than just hearsay, though.

:laughing:

if it was Chris "yellow card fodder" Hegarty it would be a different story....

Guest Motleyal

Mcghee retracted the comment cos Hegarty threatened to break his legs if he didnt.

Off topic a little, but who is it who's got the record for fastest red card in the SPL, Nigel Pepper or Nicky Banger? I always get the two mixed up. I think one has the record for the quickest red card (about 20 seconds after coming off the bench) and one has the record for the shortest amount of time between red cards (got sent off, sat out a three match suspension then started the next match on the bench, came on and got red carded after about 10 minutes, effectively 10 minutes after their last red card)

Anyone?

Off topic a little, but who is it who's got the record for fastest red card in the SPL, Nigel Pepper or Nicky Banger? I always get the two mixed up. I think one has the record for the quickest red card (about 20 seconds after coming off the bench) and one has the record for the shortest amount of time between red cards (got sent off, sat out a three match suspension then started the next match on the bench, came on and got red carded after about 10 minutes, effectively 10 minutes after their last red card)

Anyone?

Nae sure, but there was an English non-league player a while back who got sent off after about three seconds....

Jags/Morton game on BBC Telefios tonight if anyone's bored and needs a fix of total football (cough).

PS: Anyone heard who the next Arabs gaffer is going to be, and if he'll be in by Saturday?

Guest Motleyal
Nae sure, but there was an English non-league player a while back who got sent off after about three seconds....

Jags/Morton game on BBC Telefios tonight if anyone's bored and needs a fix of total football (cough).

PS: Anyone heard who the next Arabs gaffer is going to be, and if he'll be in by Saturday?

Sky Sports info bar said that stephen thompson hopes to announce new manager at the weekend. No mention of the shortlist though.

Matthew Kilgallon and Jermaine Beckford are the two players we're apparently moving to sign this week. I'd be happy with both of them; they'll both be pretty useless if we get back into the Premiership and Beckford is unproven at this level, but I think they'll both fill a gap. Those two and Simpson on a permanent deal will do nicely.

Matthew Kilgallon and Jermaine Beckford are the two players we're apparently moving to sign this week. I'd be happy with both of them; they'll both be pretty useless if we get back into the Premiership and Beckford is unproven at this level, but I think they'll both fill a gap. Those two and Simpson on a permanent deal will do nicely.

I think Beckford will be a reasonable buy and he should be more than capable in the Championship, and possibly even lower level PL, as he has been taking the piss in League1 for quite some time.

He's an infuriating player to watch at times though. He is prone to getting a bit sulky and just stops trying if things don't go his way. He's still effortlessly scoring a thousand goals a season in League1 whilst getting a strop on in most games. I don't think that kind of attitude will fly at any higher level.

Still, he's big, fast and strong. With good service from the midfield, he'll score a fair bit.

I don't think he should leave Leeds though. I can't see them getting promoted without him, and he's possibly seeing the move as a shortcut to the Premier League, where he'll probably become a fringe player at best, or get sold off to whoever gets relegated from the PL this season.