aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Steve Bruce has been charged by the FA for his comments about Andr Marriner sending off Michael Turner for his thuggish forearm smash on Gareth Barry last month. This is the same incident that Sunderland appealed, and Turner was given an extra match ban for "wasting the disciplinary committee's time".

The rugby-player lookalike said:

"The red card was obscene. It was two players competing for the ball. A centre-half going up to win it and I'd expect him to go up and win it. He's going to miss three games unless the referee has got the guts to rescind it."

This is funny.

sorry I thought I saw Sean Kilgannon in your statement there

one of the very worst players I have ever seen in my life...

Agreed, not exactly Tango's best signing for us.

He'd be a candidate for the quick sending-off too, he managed 3 minutes at Castle Greyskull after coming on as a sub but you can't blame him for wanting outta there...

:up:

Both legs on Sky now, according to the City Twittee...

The BBC said on the BBC website that it's going to be on the BBC. Fucking BBC best not be telling fibs. Not that I mind, because I have Sky Sports, but Motson's voice is heart warming. I have no problems with Tyler's no-nonsense baritone, but it's Andy Gray and his fucking toys drawing all over the screen, showing the formation, grabbing a player and moving up and down the flank to indicate his movement. Really, Andy? Ashley Cole is going to bomb forward a bit in this game? Lampard is going to play behind the strikers is he? Box to box will he? Do you think we are watching football for the first time? Or is it a budgetary thing, as in if you don't use it, you lose it? I'd rather your electronic crayon was chucked in the fucking river. You're not John Madden you fucking tube.

I don't like Andy Gray, me.

• Upvote 2

The BBC said on the BBC website that it's going to be on the BBC. Fucking BBC best not be telling fibs. Not that I mind, because I have Sky Sports, but Motson's voice is heart warming. I have no problems with Tyler's no-nonsense baritone, but it's Andy Gray and his fucking toys drawing all over the screen, showing the formation, grabbing a player and moving up and down the flank to indicate his movement. Really, Andy? Ashley Cole is going to bomb forward a bit in this game? Lampard is going to play behind the strikers is he? Box to box will he? Do you think we are watching football for the first time? Or is it a budgetary thing, as in if you don't use it, you lose it? I'd rather your electronic crayon was chucked in the fucking river. You're not John Madden you fucking tube.

I don't like Andy Gray, me.

Aye, Andy Gray is a massive cunt.

He truly is the worst. I'd much rather listen to Lawro's painful Liverpool bias, and his pure dislike for the whole game. I'm really enjoying David Platt as a co-commentator at the moment too. He shows glimpses of Lawro all the time, and he seems to hate Man Utd and Spurs. It's just a matter of time before he exlaims "That was shit" or "Rooney is one ugly cunt", live on the telly.

My most missed pundit is Ian Wright. Christ, he was good. There was a sketch that they showed by Ricky Gervais during the World Cup in Germany where they got a really tall guy and a midget to recreate Crouch and Rooney. As it finished, Ian Wright said "I don't what it is about those little people, they just crack me up". Lineker looked at the camera as if he was about to lose his job. Champion.

Best wrighty moment for me was following a montage of England's best strikers of all time with their goals and stats, etc.

Lineker jokes to Wrighty asking: 'So why are you not on that list?'

Wrighty retorts : 'It's obvious... I'm a bruvva innit'

Cue lineker's patented stare/plea to Offcom down the lens.

He truly is the worst. I'd much rather listen to Lawro's painful Liverpool bias, and his pure dislike for the whole game. I'm really enjoying David Platt as a co-commentator at the moment too. He shows glimpses of Lawro all the time, and he seems to hate Man Utd and Spurs. It's just a matter of time before he exlaims "That was shit" or "Rooney is one ugly cunt", live on the telly.

My most missed pundit is Ian Wright. Christ, he was good. There was a sketch that they showed by Ricky Gervais during the World Cup in Germany where they got a really tall guy and a midget to recreate Crouch and Rooney. As it finished, Ian Wright said "I don't what it is about those little people, they just crack me up". Lineker looked at the camera as if he was about to lose his job. Champion.

I loved the hissy fit Ian Wright had when England got put out to Portugal at the last World Cup.

I loved the hissy fit Ian Wright had when England got put out to Portugal at the last World Cup.

It was indeed fantastic :up:

Seeing England getting put out of major tournaments is such a great feeling for a frustrated Scot like me. I've leapt, punched the air and cheered like I was 100% Argentina/Portugal/Germany nationalised. Bitter I know... but still a great feeling.

Best wrighty moment for me was following a montage of England's best strikers of all time with their goals and stats, etc.

Lineker jokes to Wrighty asking: 'So why are you not on that list?'

Wrighty retorts : 'It's obvious... I'm a bruvva innit'

Cue lineker's patented stare/plea to Offcom down the lens.

Haha christ. I never saw that one. Wright just had absolutely no concious awareness that he was being filmed live on television. He's alot like the co-commentator on Dodgeball, but with even less tact.

Vieira to City? Bit of a strange one. He was already on a downward spiral when Arsene got rid, and every time I've seen him play recently he's looked very much like a shadow of his former self. Hasn't he developed quite a nasty injury record over the past couple of seasons, too? I can't really see what he'll do for the team that De Jong can't.

Vieira to City? Bit of a strange one. He was already on a downward spiral when Arsene got rid, and every time I've seen him play recently he's looked very much like a shadow of his former self. Hasn't he developed quite a nasty injury record over the past couple of seasons, too? I can't really see what he'll do for the team that De Jong can't.

I think we're going to be playing a 2-6-2 soon, with 4 of the six being defensive midfielders. De Jong is amazingly mental, Kompany's a great DM (as well as DC - where I can see him slotting in again in future). Barry plays quite deep and holds the team together. We're meant to be in for Gattuso as well...

Can we not buy some strikers for a change? Or maybe three goalkeepers to not be as good as Seamus Given.

Warm the bench? De Jong, as we all know, is cold blooded like a reptile and as such cannot warm the bench, even when he sits on it.

They aren't particularly short of steel and talent in centre mid so it's a little odd that he'd be their first priority.

I want to like Kompany, but he's got the first touch of an elephant, and his judgement when it comes to running at players is awful. He seems to take that one extra stride and the ball just rolls to the feet of an opponent.

Barry hasn't really looked as good as he did the last 2 or 3 years either. De Jong has been a rock though. He is awesome, and possibly Hughes' smartest bit of business.