aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Adebayor's never got his form back from rearranging van Persie's face, and has disappeared since. Probably up his own arsehole.

Still better than Rocky Sacka-Shit though. What was Hughes thinking?

EDIT: To be fair, how do you top raking your studs down that kent's face?

I really don't like Spurs very much, but you can't beat Man City getting a good tonking. Unlucky, Sparky. Now try and make a few sensible signings for a change, yeah?

He has made some good buys in players like De Jong and Bellamy. The kind of players City can properly utilise, and aren't just over priced celebrities. I am still baffled as to why they let Elano go. Elano was mint.

Still, he's fairly useless on the transfer market now he's got a bottomless pit of money, and has paid over the odds for just about everyone he's brought in. and why doesn't Petrov start every game? Robinho hibernates in winter, so it just makes perfect sense to have him on all the time. He can spray passes as good as anyone. City are a baffling team, and Hughes is barking mad. I hope they get relegated.

Palacios is a great player, but fuck me. He's soft as fuck. Every bit of contact has him rolling about on the grass. He'd probably be one of my favourite players to watch if he wasn't such a soaking wet fanny.

He has made some good buys in players like De Jong and Bellamy. The kind of players City can properly utilise, and aren't just over priced celebrities. I am still baffled as to why they let Elano go. Elano was mint.

Still, he's fairly useless on the transfer market now he's got a bottomless pit of money, and has paid over the odds for just about everyone he's brought in. and why doesn't Petrov start every game? Robinho hibernates in winter, so it just makes perfect sense to have him on all the time. He can spray passes as good as anyone. City are a baffling team, and Hughes is barking mad. I hope they get relegated.

On paper, Toure and Lescott should've both been brilliant signings too, but neither of them seem to have any clue how to command a defensive line. This is a big problem, because Shay Given can't do it either. They just don't have an influential figure at the back to keep things organised, and there are only so many midfield surges that De Jong can stop. Toure really hasn't looked like the same player since he contracted malaria a couple of years back, though.

I just don't think that spunking ridiculous amounts of money on several players every transfer window is the best way to build a team, but that's been covered about 400 times in this thread already, so I won't elaborate.

Definitely. As it stands, I think he's got a side that can challenge the top 4, but it's not going to be an instant thing. If he persists with what he has, he should be able to piece together a system that works. Petrov, De Jong, Lescott, Tevez and Kompany are all solid players. The rest are a bit patchy, but just need a kick up the arse. Richards especially. He's got a worse defensive discipline than Glen Johnson. You wouldn't think that was possible, but it is.

The thing with Man City is consistency. They've shown in fits and burst (and the entire match against Chelsea) that they are capable of playing well in all areas of the field at once. I suppose that's a good sign. It's not as if the team haven't at least partly gelled. Even the Toure/Lescott duo has looked great at times. It's still early days in the 'project' to be fair although another 2 defeats and I can see Hughes getting the boot. They might look to January as a time to buy a manager as well as players.

Yeah, didn't realise 'til the other day that they are still paying for players that don't even play for Portsmouth anymore. That must be a depressing burden for all involved.

You should read this

Leeds United: Trials and Tribulations: Amazon.co.uk: Phil Rostron: Books

It's terrifying how badly that club was run. It's a reet good read as well.

You should read this

I have, yeah. It was quite depressing and completely changed my perspective on Leeds. At the time, I had zero sympathy, being a Wednesday fan, and a casual follower of Man Utd naturally, it was a good laugh seeing them go down, twice. These days, I find myself looking out for their score, and wanting them to win, hoping they find a return to a bit of stability and success. Their fall from grace was alot more horrific than I'd ever imagined, even for possibly the most hated team in the country.

You should read this

Might hae a wee sneaky peak at that. Always had a bit of a soft spot for Leeds, not really sure why though. Maybe I just don't like seeing the bigger clubs ruining themselves - I was absolutely gutted when Forest went down to League One a few seasons back. I hope both clubs get back into the Premiership in the near future.

Might hae a wee sneaky peak at that. Always had a bit of a soft spot for Leeds, not really sure why though. Maybe I just don't like seeing the bigger clubs ruining themselves - I was absolutely gutted when Forest went down to League One a few seasons back. I hope both clubs get back into the Premiership in the near future.

PM me your address and I'll pop my copy in the post to you. Call it a Christmas present.

I'm always up for hearing about good football books. I love a good footie book me. Any other suggestions?

This one is quite a good read and gives a very interesting insight into Paul Le Guen's ill-fated 6 months at Ibrox and where it all went wrong. If you can stand Graham Spiers relentlessly sucking off PLG for 300 pages or so, I'd recommend this.

Paul Le Guen: L'Enigma - A Chronicle of Trauma and Turmoil at Rangers: Amazon.co.uk: Graham Spiers: Books

In fact, I'm feeling festive, so if anyone wants my copy, first come first served. Provided I didn't already give it to a charity shop that is.

I hate pretty much all footballers autbiography's, but Roy Keane's is quite something. If you already hate him it will make you hate him even more. It's actually jaw dropping some of the things he did and even said to other people involved in the game. He recollects a few situations where he intentionally brutally fouled a player, and seems to try and justify it by saying "because he was a prick".

It's a very good read, I read it all in about 4 days because I couldn't put it down. He's a fucking lunatic.

Other than that, most autobiographies sound awful. I just can't imagine Jamie Carragher or Dwight fucking Yorke having anything interesting to say. Or Fernando Torres? He's like 24. He's not even half way through his career. What the fuck is he going to babble on about for 300 pages? The FFT interview with him about walking his dogs was bland enough.

I'm always up for hearing about good football books. I love a good footie book me. Any other suggestions?

This one is quite a good read and gives a very interesting insight into Paul Le Guen's ill-fated 6 months at Ibrox and where it all went wrong. If you can stand Graham Spiers relentlessly sucking off PLG for 300 pages or so, I'd recommend this.

Paul Le Guen: L'Enigma - A Chronicle of Trauma and Turmoil at Rangers: Amazon.co.uk: Graham Spiers: Books

In fact, I'm feeling festive, so if anyone wants my copy, first come first served. Provided I didn't already give it to a charity shop that is.

I'll take it! Will do you a swap deal though. Will have a root around and see what I can dig up...

Get Forza Italia by a bloke called Dan Parks. He's an Irish journalist who moved to Italy so he could report on the football and the book is about his experiences and opinions on how football operates in Italy. Chapters on Berlusconi's influence on football, Maradona, how Mussolini (technically) was responsible for starting the Serie A etc.