aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Shazaaaaaaaaaaam!

This made my day. The only real cuntrag of a customer at my work is a scouser. He was all mouthy about the Everton score during the Man Poo game.

Even better, another couple of regulars had spurs to win at 2-1 and correct score at 10-1.

Nose. Rub. You can guess the rest.

just been watching the football league show and i have to say i have some sympathy for neil warnock, unbelievable that palace werent awarded that goal. the FA want the referees to get respect but whilst 90% of them remain incompetent buffoons they will continue to get little respect.

I find it hard to believe anyone could feel sorry for Neil Warnock. He's a prick, right up there with Phil Brown.

• Upvote 1

I find it hard to believe anyone could feel sorry for Neil Warnock. He's a prick, right up there with Phil Brown.

I do feel sorry for him, but more due to the fact that he clearly lost the plot with football over the Tevez thing, and his tendency to open his gob and rant on about injustice in a kind of crazed-lunatic-everyones-against-me way makes him prime headline material for the media.

They luv a bit of it...

Phil Brown is ace. Whilst he's not the best of managers, he's a bit more pleasant to listen to than most of his peers. Steve Bruce being one of the main candidates. I'm sick of that fat cunt starting his post-match interviews with bilge like "I don't want to stand here and moan about referees, but..." and then the floodgates open. Ref this. Ref that. "Should have had ten penalties, but we didn't because FOOTBALL HATES STEVE BRUCE!" Yes. He talks in the third person now.

Phil Brown is ace. Whilst he's not the best of managers, he's a bit more pleasant to listen to than most of his peers.

I saw him on TV the other day with orange skin and a pink jumper round his shoulders. The man is a fucking ponce whose vanity increases with every day he spends in the bright lights of the EPL.

I've been enjoying Roy Keane's comments this season. "We will be promoted within 2 seasons", "if we don't win promotion we have failed and I'll deserve to be fired" etc. It's nice to see somebody being assertive and actually laying out their plans rather than all this wishy washy "Well we'll just take one game at a time and see where we're at come the end of the season" sitting on the fence bullshit that most managers do these days.

I've been enjoying Roy Keane's comments this season. "We will be promoted within 2 seasons", "if we don't win promotion we have failed and I'll deserve to be fired" etc. It's nice to see somebody being assertive and actually laying out their plans rather than all this wishy washy "Well we'll just take one game at a time and see where we're at come the end of the season" sitting on the fence bullshit that most managers do these days.

Roy Keane is a lunatic in the most admirable way. Guy just doesn't give a fuck. United fans still sing his name even after he accused the people that populate Old Trafford as the "Prawn Sandwich Brigade" and said "They probably don't even understand football, or know what a football is" or similar words to that effect. All whilst still playing for United. If they are still singing his name, then he probably had a bob-on point.

There are only about 3 or 4 managers in the Premiership who AREN'T massive cunts, to be honest. Roy Hodgson is the only one that actually seems like a decent bloke, and Owen Coyle and Mick McCarthy are probably alright too.

Phil Brown, however, is the worst fucking cunt in the whole bastard universe. He is an absolute disgrace to the human race. Did you see him singing on the pitch at the end of last season? What about giving a half-time team talk in the middle of the pitch? And that pink jumper on Sunday was turbogay. What a knob. I bet he drives around Hull in a convertible listening to Fleetwood Mac, the cunt. I hope he dies in a hideous car wreck.

Zola is great. Seems to have a bit of a sense of humour about him too. He's not longer in the EPL, but I really like Mourinho. Steve Coppell and Gareth Southgate also.

Sir Alex went up in my estimations when he conceded defeat in the Champions League final instead of making excuses and blaming his players, and instead put it down to Barca being the better team. I was expecting him to blow a fuse about the referee, and there not being enough stoppage time, and the fixtures being against him all the way, and a whole load more boo hoo's.

I've got admiration for 'arry too. Tells it like it is and moans in a constructive way rather than shifting the blame. It was brilliant when he said that his wife could have buried that Bent chance. Reminds us that these players are paid shit loads to do a job and should get slammed if they can't do it.

Moyes scares the shit out of me... it's the eyes.

Southgate is a good shout. I don't think he's the best manager in the world but he seems like a genuinely decent bloke; quite possibly "too nice" for the job, but he's got really good chance to prove his doubters wrong this season. I've certainly found it easier to sympathise with Boro these past few seasons than I did when McLaren was in-charge. Chris Coleman seems to be similar.

Roy Hodgson is the only one that actually seems like a decent bloke, and Owen Coyle and Mick McCarthy are probably alright too.

I love a bit of Mick McCarthy. He comes out with some absolute gold, always straight to the point and doesn't indulge in any stupid 'management speak' bullshit. I've got a bit of a soft spot for Wolves in general actually.

I love a bit of Mick McCarthy. He comes out with some absolute gold, always straight to the point and doesn't indulge in any stupid 'management speak' bullshit. I've got a bit of a soft spot for Wolves in general actually.

It was the end of the last season when Wolves were looking like they'll probably get the last automatic promotion slot, when Skysports asked him 'Are Wolves going up?'

I was expecting him to do the usual 'We'll try our best, only concentrate on winning our match, putting in a good performance, and see where we are at the end of the 90 mins'...

Instead Mick said: 'Yes. We are going to be promoted.'

:up:

Absolutely brilliant bit of a recorded interview with Mick McCarthy after Neil Collins own goal against Reading at the start of the year. So good when you contrast this to the typical middle-of-the-road responses from most Premiership managers.

Football: Mick McCarthy quote on own goal Wolves conceded against Reading | Football | guardian.co.uk

Absolutely brilliant bit of a recorded interview with Mick McCarthy after Neil Collins own goal against Reading at the start of the year. So good when you contrast this to the typical middle-of-the-road responses from most Premiership managers.

Football: Mick McCarthy quote on own goal Wolves conceded against Reading | Football | guardian.co.uk

Brilliant.He's got a bit of Brian Clough in him.

It annoys me when the big name managers do that wussy thing where they allude to the fact they feel hard done by without saying outright what they thought of the match, as if they are pleading for sympathy. Rafa did it all last season. It's refreshing to have a bit of honesty.

I'm not gonna miss Strachan from the scottish prem but it'd be great to see him managing in England again... here's some of his best