aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

I have it on good authority that Shola has purchased the club and is installing himself as player/manager/chairman/captain/director of football.

Always find this funny...

Reporter to Newcastles Shola Ameobi: Do you have a nickname?

Ameobi: No, not really

Reporter: What do the lads call you?

Ameobi: Shola

Reporter: So what does Bobby Robson call you?

Ameobi: Carl Cort.'

I have it on good authority that Shola has purchased the club and is installing himself as player/manager/chairman/captain/director of football.

That would be fucking ace. He'd sign his brother Tomi from Donny Rovers, promote his other brother Sammy from the youth team and we'll have a triple-pronged Ameobi assault up front. Get in Titus Bramble and his brother Tesfaye and we'll have three Ameobis and two Brambles! Fuck aye.

I think I'm losing my mind.

Bryan Gunn sacked from Norwich 6 days into the new season.

I'd hate to be a manager these days. There's absolutely no faith in managers. No time to evaluate and turn around bad spells. As soon as things go bad, its the axe. No opportunity to strengthen or shake things up. He's a legend to the club as well. The fans backed him to stay regardless of their 7-1 trouncing last week.

Poor form. I hope Norwich turn it around. Shame on Gunn though.

That would be fucking ace. He'd sign his brother Tomi from Donny Rovers, promote his other brother Sammy from the youth team and we'll have a triple-pronged Ameobi assault up front. Get in Titus Bramble and his brother Tesfaye and we'll have three Ameobis and two Brambles! Fuck aye.

I think I'm losing my mind.

tes bramble i forgot about him, we had him on loan during our relegation from the league season! now plying his trade at leiston in the eastern counties league!

we're playing poor old chester city who are finally getting to actually play a league (or non league) fixture since their first two games were cancelled by the FA due to numerous off the field problems (actually making ours look quite rosy). they got a 25 point deduction and can hardly field a team, have only played one pre season fixture and the rumour is they're going to be forced to play mostly youth team players and most betting on the game has been cancelled. it looks like they're doing a 'weymouth' who were forced to do the same last season and were getting regularly humped 5 or 6 nil towards the end of the season when they went into admin.

so on paper, with renewed confidence implemented by the super win at ebbsfleet last tuesday and the reappointment of martin ling, it should be a walkover. but this is cambridge united and if there is one team who has ability to shoot themselves in the foot... its us. i bet we fucking lose and i shall be severly football related depressed tomorrow night!

yes i have read it soon, not seen ya about, wanted to tell you all about cambridge's 1-1 draw with barnet (in front of a bumper crowd of 850, 93 from barnet and i was the sole programme seller!) but that would take all of a minute!

yes i did think of the toon when i wrote that! mind you down here in tinpot land around half of the BSP teams are experiencing one crisis or another!

Who is going to the Aberdeen vs. Celtic game today?

I'm being lazy and going to watch it in the Holburn Bar instead.

Going to make an effort to go to more games this season though, hardly made it to any during the last campaign. Just not starting today...