aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Anybody know who these people are? Daft bastards are gonna get the Don's fined, which, obviously, is exactly what we need.

Aberdeen | News and Features | Club News | Club News | Flare Incident

Notice they aren't wearing colours. I wouldn't be surprised if it's opposition fans looking to cause trouble. I've never heard of Dons fans using flares before.

Enjoyed the Newcastle West Brom game yesterday. It's good to have football back. That Coloccini is a bit of a cunt isn't he.

• Upvote 1

Maxi, apologies for dunken texts - we were in the pub after watching United dish out a good old spanking to Blackburn and saw the Sky News update. Is it bad that beer + United win + Sky Sports News + old school acquaintance + Montrose = let's text Maxi?

United were braw though.

Andy Gray is a moron. I'm not sure he fully understands the rules of football. He seems to speak fondly of defenders who body check, pull shirts and climb on shoulders when they go forwards for a corner. Ricardo Carvalho's upending of Michael Owen despite getting nowhere near the ball resulted in a "that's what he does and that's why he's so great" comment, despite him getting a yellow and giving away a free kick in a threatening area. Guys a fucking loon.

Lawro might be the odds on favourite out of all football pundits to commit suicide first, but at least, 95% of the time, he doesn't speak absolute twaddle. Just realistic discontent. And a bit of twaddle.

Lawro might be the odds on favourite out of all football pundits to commit suicide first, but at least, 95% of the time, he doesn't speak absolute twaddle. Just realistic discontent. And a bit of twaddle.

You're sir, are at it.

Mark Lawrenson wouldn't know a football if it hit him in the face. Christ knows how he's forged a career in the media post-playing. He talks endless shite and sounds miserable doing so. His little double act with Motson is the biggest advert the BBC can have for the short lived but genius red-button-five-live-commentary option.

Motson is losing his marbles. Lawro hates everything. What more would you want? It's a shame Motson doesn't do live football anymore. Andy Gray speaks too matter of factly, yet most of it is absolute bananas. He seems to want to correct Martin Tyler at every possible oppertunity, but its nearly always just an argument for arguments sake. Get rid.

Yes, he is terrible. His nasal voice just keeps stamping down on my lugs, reminding me that I'm watching ITV. David Pleat is an absolute clown, but in an entertaining way. Kind of.

My biggest peeve about football coverage is when the camera cuts to the bench, or a supporter in the crowd, or continues to show pointless replays whilst the game is playing. Just follow the ball. If there's a hefty stoppage, go back and show a replay, or even force in a quick replay before the goal kick is taken. Until then, show the happening football. Not the football that happened that we all saw. Watching the Charity Shield yesterday, it was showing replays of absolutely nothing over and over, then all of a sudden Berbatov is 10 yards out but has a shot blocked by Ashley Cole. How did that even happen? We'll never know.

The EE was raving about him, and apparently the Dons fans were chanting "22, 22, 22!" because he'd just been announced as "trialist" and they didn't know who he was.

Aye, we had that when Seb Bassong was on-trial against Carlisle last season and nobody had a bloody clue what was going on. Chants of "If 28 scores, we're on the pitch"... unfortunately, he didn't.

Looks like a semi-decent signing for the Dons. Another couple of players and they'll be alright.

martin ling reappointed as manager today, hopefully the cambridge united summer circus is now at a conclusion and a fantastic 3-1 win at ebbsfleet last night to get our first points on the board. deffo feeling better about the footy today! wish the ex chairman would shut the fuck up mind. you had your chance and you blew it!

looking forward to the scotland match tonight, theyre showing it down here in engerland.

and read in the paper that sven is chasing sol campbell to play for notts county!!!

the ex chairman keeps running to any media outlet who will listen and mouth off about the club when 90% of the problems at the club can be linked with him. he keeps changing his story as well, the deluded fool keeps going on about buying and owning the club, cant see it happening. but who knows whats in store??

the ex chairman keeps running to any media outlet who will listen and mouth off about the club when 90% of the problems at the club can be linked with him. he keeps changing his story as well, the deluded fool keeps going on about buying and owning the club, cant see it happening. but who knows whats in store??

Sounds like a more media whore-ish version of Fat Ash to me, matey.

Hope things clear up. Ling is a decent manager.