aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Sounds like a more media whore-ish version of Fat Ash to me, matey.

Hope things clear up. Ling is a decent manager.

yeah he is, he's withdrawn his sponsorship like a schoolboy running off with his own football. we spotted him at the ebbsfleet match last night though! he's been mouthing off about how one day he's gonna own the club but judging by the way he keeps changing his story about what's been going on, it's evident he's a liar and full of shite. thing is the interim chairman in united through and through, shame he's based in the states so can't commit to the club full time. my sisters boyfriend used to go to games with him in the 70's! but he's come back specifically to sort the mess out so hopefully onwards and upwards from this point on and we can concentrate on the football!

i'm very excited ling has come back as he did wonders at leyton orient, a similar sized team with similar rubbish finances. also ling believes in giving the kids a chance which given our reduced budget for the season is critical. half of last nights squad were youth team products which is pleasing to see. quite excited about the season now, feel as though ive been right through the mill already and we're only 2 games into the new campaign!

Apparently David Ginola wants to manage us! How awesome would that be? With his acute sense of style I can see us ditching the boggin' yellow away kit for a sexy little silk number, and he'll no doubt have all the players working on Coloccini-esque perms and Jonas-style flowing locks. With our ravishing new manager and new well-groomed team we'll sexy our way to the top of the Championship! It'll be like Zoolander with footballs.

Also saw Ossie Ardilles putting his name out there in the papers too. Fuck that. He's perhaps the only man that comes close to touching Jim Smith in the "worst Newcastle manager ever" stakes, and lord knows we've had some stinkers! He was crap back in the day, what makes him think he'd do a better job now?

Fat Ash clearly isn't up for appointing a manager; I can actually picture him saying to himself: "I'll do it, how hard can it be? Who dares wins, Rodney!"

Hughton's been put in-charge of signing players, allegedly, with Tommy Smith and Jay DeMeritt of Watford on his radar. Probably bullshit, but they'd be excellent signings. Get it done, Chris.

Huddersfield in the cup! Fantastic. Got a good mate who's a Huddersfield fan so it'll be a good bit of craic, although it won't be so nice when they whomp us 3-0. They're got ex-Toon boys Lee Clark and Terry McDermott in-charge too. Cracking.

This daily dose of Newcastle-based hyperbole and bullshit has been brought to you by Murrr. Tune in at the same time tomorrow for more shite.

Also saw Ossie Ardilles putting his name out there in the papers too. Fuck that. He's perhaps the only man that comes close to touching Jim Smith in the "worst Newcastle manager ever" stakes, and lord knows we've had some stinkers! He was crap back in the day, what makes him think he'd do a better job now?

Had his name mentioned in the running for the Dons job also! I think he just likes people to remember that he still exists.

apparently according to someone on p&b who phoned the club, livi will not be playing this weekend.

fucking joke

I think an SFA appeal is the next port of call for the 'West Lothian Why Don't You Just Shut Up And Go Out Of Business Boogie Bus', then the courts.

If that's the case, then at least there's no risk of feeling like shit at quarter to five on Saturday (unless your coupon goes 'pop', natch).....