aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Totally predictable Aberdeen result, but losing 3-1 to a decent-looking team who'll probably win the league with a very good new manager on the first day of the season isn't the end of the world.

Just sitting down for the Newcastle game. Joey Barton on the wing though... what the fuck?

Gutted we didn't break the Ayr United defence today, we had a good few chances as well.

But if you offered me 4 points in our opening 2 games of the season (Dunfermline away, Ayr home), keeping clean sheets in the process, I would've bitten your hand off. We've got a cup match against Stranraer on tuesday, so hopefully we can bang a few goals in to build up confidence for the Dundee match next saturday.

Annoyingly, the ICT match was also my coupon buster - 10 on Celtic, Chelsea, Dunfermline, ICT.

we're playing poor old chester city who are finally getting to actually play a league (or non league) fixture since their first two games were cancelled by the FA due to numerous off the field problems (actually making ours look quite rosy). they got a 25 point deduction and can hardly field a team, have only played one pre season fixture and the rumour is they're going to be forced to play mostly youth team players and most betting on the game has been cancelled. it looks like they're doing a 'weymouth' who were forced to do the same last season and were getting regularly humped 5 or 6 nil towards the end of the season when they went into admin.

so on paper, with renewed confidence implemented by the super win at ebbsfleet last tuesday and the reappointment of martin ling, it should be a walkover. but this is cambridge united and if there is one team who has ability to shoot themselves in the foot... its us. i bet we fucking lose and i shall be severly football related depressed tomorrow night!

Despite the problems in both camps, sounded like a cracker today... 2 nil down, level by half time, a thunderous free kick and a hat trick including an overhead and a pen. That's football!!

All the time?! o_O

No, the rest of the time he's just slow. The great Steven Fletcher only scored 1 more league goal than Miller last season. OK, Miller took penalties, but he won a fair few of those himself and was our main creative force as well as our top scorer. So I'm nae quite ready to punt him in favour of *insert player who doesn't play for Aberdeen* just yet.

I agree that he was fucking useless today though.

Shola Ameobi, take a bow son, take a bow. Feeling a bit more optimistic about the season now, as long we don't lose too many players.

We really do need another 3-4 players in. This is gonna be a long, long season with a lot of mid-week games and the players will tire quickly if they're playing every single game.

We looked excellent today though. Enrique had a stormer at left-back, Carroll won everything that came to him (although he's still pish with the ball at his feet), and Shola... Jesus Christ! Looked his old self until his first goal went in, after that he was chasing everything. Great game from the lad. Pleased for him. Even Coloccini didn't look shit today :).

Hope Barton's injury isn't serious. He was playing in an unfamiliar position today and he had a shaky start but some of his deliveries really are top notch. Alan Smith is really growing on me, too. I think this is probably his level; he looks very confident in the middle of the park and keeps breaking everything down. Even when after he narrowly avoided a second booking he still didn't shirk with the challenges. That's what you want from a captain.

Bring on the Wednesday on... err, Wednesday.

Very dirty game at Firhill today.

Gary Miller's red-card lunge on Rowser was an utter stinker, then McKeown got sent off for being a clown, and then Steven Watt should have been sent off later on aswell. We had the better of the chances, but County were all too happy to sit back, so 0-0 was inevitable.

Forfar on Tuesday is more of a worry on today's evidence.

not really :up:

People needn't worry about Arsenal not spending, theyve got quality in abundance (wilshire, Ramsay, Arshavin, Eduardo in particular have been awesome).

I honestly think the Gooners could be the dark horses this season, with or without a couple of new big humping hoofters. If all the glory boys stay fit they will knock in enough goals to make up for their defensive frailties.

I swear I should be on that sofa instead of Lawro! :up: