aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

5 goals in 2 seasons for Sheffield Wednesday too. Stats like this have got Gareth Southgate shitting bricks. He's throroughly earned his #9 shirt. What a marksman.

I really can't think of an out and out striker, who plays as often as he does, who has scored less than he has. Can you believe he's only in his 20's? It's as if that big eared potato has been playing football forever. Time moves 10 times slower when Jeffers is around. Sky Sports suggests Doncaster are making a half a million quid bid for that useless sack of knobs. Get in. We'll probably bag another Premier League wash-up with those funds. Brian McClair or Darren Anderton or something. Goals-o-rama.

So are we gonna whomp you lot tomorrow night or what? Know absolutely nothing about the Wednesday 'cept that Chris Brunt was there not too long ago and Beevers and Tudgay are aright.

So are we gonna whomp you lot tomorrow night or what? Know absolutely nothing about the Wednesday 'cept that Chris Brunt was there not too long ago and Beevers and Tudgay are aright.

Well, 2 games into the season, we've let 2 leads slip. One of them was a 2-0 lead to Barnsley, and they pulled it back to 2-2. We did it far too many times last season too. If we're winning at half time, I wouldn't think anything of it.

Beevers is highly rated, but put it this way. Last season he scored more own goals than Francis Jeffers scored goals. Its not many, but it's enough.

Wikipedia sez that he has scored 16 goals since leaving Everton in 2001. With such a prolific average of 2 goals a season, he'll no doubt score a hat-trick against us.

We'll score 4!

With a record like that he's bound to end up at Aberdeen at some point in the Noel Whelan role. (ie. getting steaming in the Simpon's Hotel bar every night of the week)

Come on Arsenal. Absolutely ruin them!

Why is Bendtner playing number 52? His number has literally doubled. What a stupid number. Same goes for Gallas playing 10 even though he's a defender. That shouldn't be allowed to happen.

I hate this sort of thing.

It annoys me that Mulgrew wears number 2 for Aberdeen - he's a LEFT back!!! It also bugs me that Mackie wears 10 and Maguire 7.....because they are shit.

I saw David Goodwillie on Union Street last night for some reason. Was almost certainly him - looking like a dick and slurring in a what sounded like Falkirk accent to his equally neddish mate about where to watch the football.

Why he was in Aberdeen is beyond me. Maybe up visiting his bezzie mate Bebo Maguire.

Also noticed this look-a-like last night:

bacary-sagna-3.jpg - dw.gif

That I never knew.

Where's the defence and midfield boundary? It's all up in the air when you've got Owen Hargreaves wearing the number 4 and Gareth Barry wearing the number 6. Even Lee Sharpe wore number 5, and he was a winger in the 90's, when numbering was stricter. Now these fairyboys just make their own rules. Ronaldinho's #80 shirt for example. What a clown.

It puts my extreme anal retention on full display when this kind of rubbish actually bothers me.

That all comes from the old style formations, from the 18somethings to the second world war or something the most heavily used formation was the 2-3-5 (pyramid). So goalie was number 1, defenders (known at the time as 'full backs' based on the last line of defence in rugby) were numbers 2 and 3, midfielders (known as 'half backs') were 4, 5 and 6 while the attackers (right winger, right inside forward, centre forward, left inside forward, left winger) were 7-11 respectively.

That's why the 4-6 is flexible and can cover defenders or defensive midfield players.

I KNOW THINGS!

• Upvote 2

That all comes from the old style formations, from the 18somethings to the second world war or something the most heavily used formation was the 2-3-5 (pyramid). So goalie was number 1, defenders (known at the time as 'full backs' based on the last line of defence in rugby) were numbers 2 and 3, midfielders (known as 'half backs') were 4, 5 and 6 while the attackers (right winger, right inside forward, centre forward, left inside forward, left winger) were 7-11 respectively.

That's why the 4-6 is flexible and can cover defenders or defensive midfield players.

I KNOW THINGS!

That is impressive knowledge.