aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

erm, I don't see where anybody was calling Alkaline a glory hunter? Dundee Utd and Spurs win fuck all

Original Spies said it earlier. Turns out it was just japes though, s'all good. He's allowed a couple.

Spurs have won one cup since i started supporting them. Dundee United have won the Scottish Cup and promotion ;)

I used to be pretty big on Ajax when I was a kid, but then they stopped showing the Dutch league on Eurosport, so I lost track. Bought both their home and away shirts last season though, purely out of luck of finding them on sale. The blue away strip is mint.

It was undeniable glory hunting though, because they were just so good. It was like a footballing Harlem Globetrotters.

Germany and Bayern have faired better I suppose?

If only you knew the ups and downs of that. Bayern aren't always a shoe-in for the title by any means. Bundesliga is much more open than the EP. Supporting Bayern was a knock-on from my mate supporting Dortmund (with him being German) and his Dad having german satellite in his bar. I was young enough to just follow who i thought played well. They are very much a casual interest though, but i do watch as much as possible.

Germany have won a World Cup and a European Championship in the 23 years i've been following them. Not terrible, but not Brasil standards. I blame the Mexico '86 World Cup for my fascination with them.

As for Spurs, why not?

Ac Milan started handing players numbers based on their year of birth for some reason. Weirdos.

That's because their various overpaid ponces all feel the need to have some kind of "individual" number, and they've got far too many players on their books. Ronaldinho took #80 because he couldn't wrestle #10 out of Clarence Seedorf's glorious hands.

Milan also retired two numbers, so they're running out of sensible numbers to give players. Which is why they've committed the sickening atrocity against autistic football fans of giving #5 to a midfielder.

Diddy cup QF draw:

Ross County v Queen of the South

Annan Athletic v Elgin City

Stirling Albion v Dundee

Partick Thistle v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Booooo!

(PS: I'll probably be going to White Hart Lane on my way back from Belgium. Suggestions for Alkaline baiting messages that can fit on a sheet of A4 are welcome ;))

Diddy cup QF draw:

Stirling Albion v Dundee

Booooo!

(PS: I'll probably be going to White Hart Lane on my way back from Belgium. Suggestions for Alkaline baiting messages that can fit on a sheet of A4 are welcome ;))

If you see Jermaine Jenas call him a cock, please.

to be honest Scorge, phil can't really take a joke (esp about football). best to channel your efforts on the Bunnet this Saturday afternoon

I can take a joke perfectly well, it's when the "jokes" are relentless and malicious that i have an issue with them. It's all just a game of one-upmanship with you anyway so take whatever small joy you get from trying to make yourselves out to be better than me because you have the luxury of freezing your nuts of at ArseEnd Stadium on a weekly basis. Hope you don't choke on your pie. Kisses.

Diddy cup QF draw:

Stirling Albion v Dundee

Booooo!

Double Booooo!!

I am tempted to stay in Glasgow after the Macedonia game, to go to Firhill on the Sunday... but don't know if I can really warrant it for a diddy cup* like this

*unless we win the cup, then it is a fantastic piece of silverware that i'd be proud of having in the trophy cabinet again :love:

Double Booooo!!

I am tempted to stay in Glasgow after the Macedonia game, to go to Firhill on the Sunday... but don't know if I can really warrant it for a diddy cup* like this

*unless we win the cup, then it is a fantastic piece of silverware that i'd be proud of having in the trophy cabinet again :love:

:laughing:

Partick seem to be pretty clinical, Id be worried if I was you.

Is it just me or has the standard of the 1st division went up a few notches this year? most of the teams have strengthened or are youthful and coming to fruition/played together a while.

except airdrie of course ho ho ho!

as for you phil, whatever suits you best!

Double Booooo!!

The idea crossed my mind too, however I'm taking my mother out for her birthday tea on Sunday, so I can't make the game. Great chance for Annan or Elgin to get to a semi, and possibly get some TV coverage, too.

As for the league, Buchanan should be back in for the QOTS game this Saturday, which boosts our already decent looking strike force, the Forfar game should have given them a good helping of confidence. Things are good (for now!).

:up: