aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

What the fuck? I fear James Corden is gonna get absolutely lampooned. Americans are weirdly racist when it comes to English people and prime time TV. Piers Morgan, Russel Brand, Ricky Gervais... they all get the same reaction of 'the Limey nobody's heard of' or 'Send him back home'. Taking over from Craig Ferguson is a huge gig and as much as I don't really care for James Corden's output as a TV presenter thus far I hope he does well so this attitude can stop. 

What the fuck? I fear James Corden is gonna get absolutely lampooned. Americans are weirdly racist when it comes to English people and prime time TV. Piers Morgan, Russel Brand, Ricky Gervais... they all get the same reaction of 'the Limey nobody's heard of' or 'Send him back home'. Taking over from Craig Ferguson is a huge gig and as much as I don't really care for James Corden's output as a TV presenter thus far I hope he does well so this attitude can stop. 

John Oliver seems to be doing alright, building a good reputation.

• 2 weeks later...

DJ / Techno producer Levon Vincent posted this on his facebook page today. This is extremely ace-ic, one of the coolest things I've things I've read in a long time. 

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=638965879478295&id=184486851592869

My friends, my career has gone well these past few years. I have debts and a lot of overhead these days, but I am working hard and I'm very proud to say I have achieved a situation where I have steady work. Things are optimistic for me for at least a year or two. I am ready to start sponsoring / apprenticing people. Maybe one musician at a time. Let's develop something. A 'tourist' can live legally in Berlin for 90 days. I want to begin supporting an up-and-comer for 90 day segments, essentially I will pay your rent for 3 months in Berlin, likely a room for rent in a flat where we know music-making will be allowed. We have to find one. We got resources and a community. I got a little bit of kit to kick down too. Monitors, at least. We'll get you sorted out. And I'll check in with you once a month or whatever. Maybe I can offer some guidance too. Basically I want to facilitate your 24/7 music making. And your partying, too. As long as that's musical. 

Please send some of your demos, (2 songs only), via soundcloud links to levonvincent@hotmail.com. Subject "bootcamp"

If I can find someone to believe in, then I can help care for your living expense while you take a small time out of your life to focus solely on your own craft. 3 months should be enough time to learn a thing or two. Think of it as bootcamp. You must be completely committed to your craft. Anything else is secondary, and I'll know immediately from the first beat of your demo so don't front! I'm looking forward to hearing some new world sounds. Thank you for participating.

He went through with this and it has led to music getting released. 

This year I sponsored a couple of up-and-coming musicians to spend a few monhts in Berlin and focus solely on music. Making all this happen was a big task. A massive task. I must give thanks and praise to Lerato, Katerina, Aybee, Manolo, Donelle, and Mike, who collectively, were responsible for helping to sort the demos, locate the studio, provide housing and of course gave their hospitality all around. Good work to everyone involved in the project. And here, is the first record debut from Irish duo Terriers, as reviews on RA. These guys have a bright future! 

http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-view.aspx?id=15481

Edited by Paranoid Android