aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Remember the time it used to take to rewind VHS and also Music tapes? or trying to find a song on a tape? rewinding and forwarding to get it. really glad now we have the digital era

I remember one branch of Blockbuster video taking in a charge for people that handed back the rented vids unrewound

Also, the tapes could get knackered. My mates used to work in a video shop called Oscars on Union Grove in the mid 90s and their copy of Basic Instinct was completely screwed at the point that Sharon Stone gives a flash of the gash. Fortunately in the digital age we can enjoy that scene in freeze frame for as long as we want. I'm pretty sure this is the kind of thing the inventors of DVD had in mind.

The new:

0001d7f110dr.jpg

?

I recall watching a Zig and Zag's own show, which was pretty good. Does anyone else remember it?

EDIT: From Wikipedia

The Zig and Zag Show (1994-1995)

The Zig and Zag Show was commissioned by MTV Europe and ran for two seasons. 26 x 30 min episodes were produced and broadcast throughout Europe. Gaining the pair quite a high profile especially in the Scandinavian countries where their single Them Girls, Them Girls (a parody of Reel 2 Real) reached the top of the charts in Sweden and peaked at No.4 in the British singles charts at Christmas 1994. The MTV series was built around unusual Top 5 videos. For instance the Top 5 Poodle videos, the Top 5 Fridge videos. Fake MTV News features, The Church of Funk featuring Zag as The Reverend Groove, Super Cooks, Toilet Man, Fruit Sports, skits on ads and musical performances with such acts as Dog Eat Dog, Adam Ant, Boyzone, Rednecks, Sparks, Spearhead and Teenage Fanclub. A Zig & Zag hour long special also aired as an extended Zig & Zag show in which the Dutch house/techno group 2 Unlimited as the special guests.